Chapter 8

Raven's P.O.V

Placing my fork down that was supposed to be going into my mouth, I try my best to pry his hand off of mine.

Failing, I realise how big and rough his hands are, but they feel really good against my small and smooth ones. Like they're meant to be held together.

"What are you two up to?" James asks, smirking.

Now I know where Ryder got his smirk from, his father.

That's it, I roughly pull my hands away from his and then look up at James with an awkward smile, "nothing, I just dropped my phone."

"Oh okay, pick it up then," he says, taking a bite out of his food while mine turns cold.

"It's alright Raven," Ryder says, grabbing my arm, stopping me from crawling under the table, "I'll get it for you."

Oh, that was nice of him.

He pushes his chair back and crawls under the table.

I take a bite off of my food, and then suddenly my legs are thrown apart and someone kisses my inner thigh.

The potatoes clog in my throat, choking me, Ryder comes out from under the table with a smirk on his face.

Everyone turns to me shocked while some look at me worried, Ryder grabs my glass of water and hands it over to me.

I drink it thirstily while my face is bright red from blushing but I'm pretty sure everyone probably thinks it's from me choking on my food.

"Are you okay babe?" he asks me, smirking and patting me on the back.

I fake him a smile and when no one was looking at me, flash him a glare, "yeah, everything is fine, I think I felt something crawl on me," I grumble, "it was probably a sticky insect." I narrow my eyes.

Ryder nods at me still smirking and goes back to his food, as if nothing had happened.

Wow, what an experience.

***********************

After dinner was over and everyone's stomach was filled with my mum's delicious food, we all chatted, me knowing the most dreaded bit of the whole day was coming up.

I sit there wondering what he will answer when they ask about the marriage, would he say yes?

I mean he did say, "we will get married."

I break out of my thought when they do actually ask us, "Ryder, Raven, what do you both say to the idea of spending your lives together?" Mum asks.

Looking over at Ryder, I start feeling really nervous, what was he about to say? Only he knows.

"Yes."

My eyes widen, he said what?! Not even, "I'd like to know her better."

Straight up YES?!

Oh my god, he said yes.

HE SAID YES?!

I look back over to the parents and see the dads going in for a man hug while the mums do a normal hug and squish each other to death.

Ryder tugs on my arm, turning me towards him, he brings his mouth to my ears, "listen here, you're mine and when they ask you, say 'yes' or else. If you don't marry me, you won't marry anyone."

My eyes widen again, why is he being so possessive?

"Raven?" my mum asks me, giving me hopeful eyes that I just couldn't say no to.