Chapter 10

Raven's P.O.V

I never thought an air mattress would be as comfortable as my own bed, I snuggle closer to my pillow that has surprisingly turned hard overnight, but that's when I hear the pillow start chuckling.

When did my pillow become so hard?

And when did something non-alive start chuckling?

What if it's Ryder, imagine if he picked me up in his arms last night and brought me back over to the bed, I would be such a Wattpad girl.

I carefully open one eye and see my head resting on someone's chest. I look up and see Ryder smiling down at me.

I blush and look at my legs which were entangled with his.

#WattpadGirl.

That's really sweet of him, he actually brought me back onto the bed, that might mean he cares about me.

I don't know what came over me but I lean up to him and kiss his cheek. His smooth skin felt really good against my lips.

I can't believe I just did that, what if he smelled my stinky morning breath.

He stares at me shocked with his beautiful light brown eyes, then starts laughing at me.

Ugh, wow, I regret kissing his cheek now.

"Why did you kiss my cheek?" he asks, in-between his laughs.

"Because you brought me back onto the bed which was really nice of you, but I regret doing it now.

He frowns at me, "I didn't bring you back onto the bed. You levitated your way up here."

I give him the 'really' look, if you're going to make up an excuse at least try to make a good one.

"I'm not lying," he insists, eyes wide with honesty, "it was the scariest thing I've ever experienced. I watched you float up to the bed as if someone wingardium leviosa-ed you. I had to stop myself from screaming and shitting my pants."

I can't help but let out a small giggle, "yeah, sure, as if I believe a thing you say."

He looks up at the corner of the room and taps his chin, "maybe you're a witch."

I sit up and give him a sickly-sweet smile, "then we would be a perfect match, a witch and a ghost, never heard of anything better."

He pinches the bridge of his nose, "for the last time, I am not a ghost," just as he says that mum, Trisha, Bella, Everlyn and Avery walk in through my bedroom door.

As soon as they walk into the room, they start awing. Ryder and I look at each other with the same confused expression.

Looking down, a blush forms on my face when I realise Ryder's arm is around me.

I immediately throw his arm away from my waist and jump off of the bed, "i-it's not what it looks like."

"Oh please, we're not that clueless," Trisha says, with a huge smile on be face.

"It's not going to take us long to become grandparents, is it Rowana?" she continues, poking my mum with her elbow.

Ryder and I blush while my mum just nods her head.

Wait.

Avery has a baby girl, so wasn't Trisha already a grandmother? After all, Dani is her granddaughter.

"Don't you already have a granddaughter?" I ask her.

"No?" She answers, with confusion written in her eyes.