Chapter 2

Raven's P.O.V

The car comes to an abrupt stop beneath me as I step on the breaks, stopping in front of my best friend's house.

Taking off my seatbelt, I open the driver's side door and step out of my car.

Making sure I had locked the door; I look up to see Kourt's small but really cosy house. The sides of my lips pull up into a big smile at the sight of her house, her house makes me feel like I was at my own home.

Her house felt way homier than my own one did.

Walking over to the trunk of my car, I open it and take out the bag of snacks and also a box that was wrapped up in blue wrapping papers with stars on it.

This was Tom's birthday gift; I had bought him a remote-control racing car because I knew he had been wishing for one for about a year now.

Just thinking about the big smile on his face when he sees what he got makes my heart melt, anything he does makes my heart melt, Tom was like my own child and I love him dearly.

I walk up the two steps in front of the door and press the doorbell with a big smile on my face, I couldn't wait to see my Kourt.

From the other side of the door, I can hear a pair of fast footsteps approaching, the sounds stop when the person stops at the door.

I hear a scratching sound on the door which probably meant Kourt was looking at me through the peephole.

Looking at the circular glass hole, I give her a cheesy smile and little wave. I hear her cute laugh before she finally opens the door, revealing my gorgeous and sexy best friend.

Kourt gives me a really big happy smile in return and then immediately pulls me into a bone-crushing hug which was filled with so much warmth. That was showing me how much she obviously had missed me.

I felt the same way about her, we hadn't met each other in three days, imagine.

Dropping the bag onto the floor, I wrap one of my hands around her, hugging her back with the same amount of strength and squeezes.

"I missed you so much," she screeches after pulling away from the hug, I giggle and pat the top of her head with a nod.

"I missed you too Kourt," I reply as she steps away from the door and pulls me inside of her wonderful house.

As I step into her house my eyes wander around her decorated living room, wow she had put in a lot of effort into this and it had paid off.

The whole room looked amazing, there were blue and white balloons everywhere and a banner was hanging from one corner to the other.

Kourt had ended up buying the decorations by herself which made me feel really guilty because she had asked me to buy them.

She understood though, I had told her about what I had done to the guy and she couldn't stop laughing.

I wasn't even joking, I had to hear her cackling for about an hour.

Kourt's laughs always change, they can be cute and girly one time but then a second later her laugh could turn into a witch's cackle.

"Woah Kourt, everything looks so good, how on earth have you done this all by yourself?" I ask.

"What can I say? I'm just the best," she says in a cocky voice before flipping her hair making it hit my nose and causing me to sneeze.

"Has Tom seen it?" I ask her, twitching my now probably red nose.

"Not yet, he's going to love it though," she says looking around the room, pride evident in her eyes.