Chapter 5

Raven's P.O.V

The thing is, when I saw him, I couldn't tell if he was glaring at me because of what had happened between us at the shop, or if it was because I talked about another 'man' in front of him.

Even though Tom was still actually a baby.

It was probably the first reason though; I mean, why would he be glaring at me because I mentioned another guy?

That would only be the case if he was jealous and that was just not the case.

I need to get out of Wattpad mode.

"Tom is one of our friend's kid, we met each other a week ago at his 3rd birthday party," Everlyn explains, looking at her brother weirdly.

His glare calms down when Everlyn tells everyone Tom's age and who he actually is.

So, does that mean it was reason number 2? I can only wish.

Forget that, I still can't believe I was in this embarrassing situation, he obviously still remembers what I had done to him because it had happened recently and anyway, how could someone ever forget a face that embarrassed them so much?

Then a thought crosses my mind, if we do get married, would he do something bad to me or be rude to me?

"That's really sweet," mum says, walking over to me with a smile on her face.

She grabs my hand and then pulls me in front of the couple.

"Raven, this is James and Trisha Parker, my friends and your future in-laws," she says making me cringe.

Nothing had been confirmed yet and she was already thinking so far ahead.

"Hello Mr and Mrs Parker, it's nice to meet you both, my name is Raven," I greet them with a small smile on my face as I forward my hand for a handshake.

"Don't be silly sweetie, you don't need to call us that. It's Mum and dad for you!" She says, making my heart fall out of my chest.

"Ha! I'm just kidding, we don't expect you to call us that so soon. Call us James and Trisha," she continues, pulling me into her arms and ditching my forwarded hand.

James doesn't say anything to me, thankfully. The only thing he does is pat my head and give me a smile.

His wife, however, wanted to have a full conversation with me, which I guess was sweet of her.

"I still remember when you used to come over to my house to play with my children and your favourite part about my garden was the bumpy hilly bit. You used to love running up and down it," she smiles, looking off into a corner, probably thinking about our childhood days.

"And you used to love running around naked! Do you remember Rowana? You would always have to chase her with that dress."

My face is on fire. Oh my gosh! This was so embarrassing. And the only thing my mum does is laugh.

"That does sound fun," I reply through my gritted teeth, not really knowing what else I could have replied with.

Mum then pulls me in front of the three gorgeous girls. I have to say it, all the Parkers have some good genes.

"Hi, I'm Isabella," the first one introduces herself before pulling me into a hug that wasn't as tight as her mothers.

She seems like the oldest sibling, dressed in smart black trousers and a pretty blouse.

I smile at Everlyn and walk up to the last girl who was smiling at me sheepishly.

I shouldn't be saying this but she was definitely the prettiest Parker girl.