Chapter 21

Ryder's P.O.V

My mum has been yelling at me for the past hour, I deserved it though.

I have no right to do that to Raven, why did I do this?

What the fuck is wrong with me?

I love her so much. I'm so into her. Why did I do that to her?

Burying my head into my busted hands, I fall onto the floor. I can't even keep my leg still; they were shaking so much.

I don't know what happened to me. When I met up with Zara, she looked so gorgeous I just couldn't control myself.

I wanted her right then and there, not thinking about Raven or our wedding once.

Regret is eating me alive and I can't imagine how hurt Raven must be right now.

Mum walks up to Zara with pure anger raging inside of her, Zara was standing there crying, even though she hadn't been shouted at once.

"Stop crying!" Mum yells at her, grabbing onto her arms tightly.

Her sob gets stuck in her throat, as she stares up at mum with wide eyes, scared for herself.

"Don't think for once second that no one will say anything to you. You're just as much at fault in this as Ryder is. It takes two to tango! You didn't disagree when he tried to get on you, did you? No, you didn't, so stop with your fake tears."

Zara doesn't stop crying though. Her cries turn hideous, louder and snottier.

The scarf that was wrapped around her chest falls onto the floor, revealing her half-shredded dress which was awkwardly hanging off her shoulder.

My face screws up in disgust and I grunt into my hands when I realise, I did that.

Raven's mum, Rowana, storms up to Zara with anger radiating off of her. She grabs up Zara's scarf up and throws it at her face.

"I never want to see you near my family or my house ever again! And if I do, I'll kill you," she growls.

Her eyes were completely mad. I could tell she meant every single word she had said.

Rowana grabs onto Zara's arm and yanks her towards the door, when they reach the door, Rowana pushes Zara so hard she stumbles on her heels and drops to the floor.

I'm shot up from the floor to help her but my dad pulls me back by the collar of my shirt, glaring at me.

Everyone looks at me disgust before storming off into their own rooms.

Punching the wall, I fall down onto the sofa still crying. I lean my head back and stare up at the ceiling.

Raven and I would have been married by now, if only I hadn't done all this.

I love Raven so much and I wanted no one else other than her.

I wish I hadn't met up with Zara. I should've just stayed at the hotel.

But Zara is my friend and I promised to always be there for her no matter what.

We've been friends forever; I couldn't just not go when she called me.

I twirl Raven's engagement ring between my fingers. I'll give it to Raven when she calms down.

Fuck. I hate myself so much. None of this would have happened if I just stayed there.

This isn't Zara's fault, it was mine. I was the one that started kissing her, I lead her on.

***********************