Chapter 18

Raven's P.O.V

Ryder and I are curled up on our bed.

I meant my bed, it wasn't his.

We were both cuddling each other and talking about our wedding day.

It's tomorrow.

Both of us are dying of excitement, I can't wait.

The dress, the people, the food, the fun. It's going to be great.

But to ruin the moment, guess who walks in through the door?

Zara bursts in with a huge ugly grin on her face.

"Hi Ryder," she says, with a sickly-sweet voice. She then turns to me and gives me a dirty look which I gladly return.

"Zara, I don't mean to be rude, but you could have at least knocked before entering our room," I say, putting emphasis on the word 'our.'

Just to make her know this room is Ryder's and mine.

I'm a hypocrite when I have to be, it was our room now, not just mine.

"I came in here to see my best friend, not you," she says, looking at me as if I was a piece of dirt.

Hm.

Maybe I used highlighter instead of powder today, she probably saw her own reflection.

"Well sweetie, your friend is with me and this is my room. I'm not going anywhere so you should go."

"Can you both calm down please?" Ryder huffs, "you're both being so petty, and Zara, I don't want you around Raven if you're going to be so rude to her," Ryder says, pretty annoyed.

He then turns to me, "Raven, I'm really thirsty. Can you go and get me some water please?"

I nod and walk out of the door, leaving a gap open. It's not that I don't trust Ryder, I do. I just don't trust Zara and what she will say about me.

I wasn't going to go anywhere leaving them two alone.

Ryder reaches over and grabs Zara's hand, "why do you hate her so much Zara? What did she even do to you?" he asks her.

"I don't know Ryder," her tone is the nicest I've heard.

"It's just, whenever I'm around her, I get a bad feeling. I don't like her and I don't think you should marry her."

My eyes widen. No! Ryder won't cancel the marriage just because his friend said so.

Would he?

The day before?

I peek through the gap to see Ryder playing with her hand, it sends a jolt through me.

Like he will pick her over me.

"Please don't marry her, you can marry me, we can be together," she pleads.

My hand almost flew out to throw the door open, but I stop myself. I wanted to see what Ryder would say to that.

He waits for a few seconds, just staring at her, then nods. I close my eyes, my heart-shattering.

That means he did choose her over me.

No, he can't do that to me.

I roughly wipe my tears away and kick the door open, breaking them from their hug.

Ryder looks up at me with shock on his face.

I walk up to Zara, grabbing her arm, I throw her onto the floor and then turn to Ryder. He tries to walk over to Zara to help her up but I pull him back.