Chapter 33

Raven's P.O.V

It has been a whole week since I went to Tyler's brother's wedding reception and since I had met his entire family.

We are still in contact and talk for about 3 hours every day, mostly after my shift is over.

During the week, Tyler and I haven't gotten the chance to meet up with each other, whenever I tried making plans, he would tell me he was busy but promised to take me out soon.

Maybe he doesn't like me.

"OI RAVEN, COME DOWN HERE, I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING," Kourtney screams from downstairs, breaking me out of my Tyler thoughts.

Sighing, I get up from my bed and make my way downstairs and into the living room. When my eyes fall onto her, I find her smiling widely at something on her phone.

"What up?" I ask her, plopping down onto the sofa, right next to her.

"Mark just asked me out on a date," she screams, slamming her poor phone onto the table and grabbing onto my arms.

"REALLY," I scream, "FINALLY, IT WAS ABOUT TIME!!!"

Kourtney is an English tutor and she's been tutoring this little girl called Lola who is about a year older than Tom.

Mark is Lola's dad. Ever since Kourtney started tutoring Lola, Mark and her have gotten really close and some sparks have flown.

The mum is no longer in their life because she didn't want the child. I could never be able to leave my own child but then again, I didn't know her and she could have some personal problems in life.

"Are you going to go?" I ask her, crossing my fingers for a yes.

She really deserved a guy that would make her happy and Lola absolutely adores Kourtney, they would all be such a happy little family.

"Yes, of course, I really want to go. I've been waiting for him to ask me for so long."

"Maybe you should introduce Mark to Tom, we don't want Tom to scare Mark away now do we?" I ask her, laughing.

"Yeah, Mark wants to meet him too."

I chew on my lip, debating with myself if I should ask her the question that was in my head, "do you miss Tim," I ask her cautiously, not wanting to get blown upon.

Her whole body stiffens and jaw tightens, "I stopped loving him and caring for him the day he left Tom and me. Any man that just walks out on his two-month-old son, no word or anything, is not the man for me. Or Tom."

"I'm so sorry for asking you that, I didn't mean to ruin your mood. And sorry for bringing back old memories.

Mark and Kourtney's life stories are basic proof that they are destined to be together, they both have the same experiences with their exes.

She shakes her head at me and looks away, "It's alright, there is no reason for you to apologise, the memories aren't that painful anymore."

I knew she was lying though but I wasn't about to tell her that. I don't want to spoil her mood any further than I already have.

"When is the date?" I ask her, trying my best to change the subject and lighten the mood again.

Her smile reappears again making me breathe out a sigh of relief, "today," she answers, looking up at me.

"And who is going to be looking after Tom? May I ask?" I joke, making her laugh at me nervously.

"Um, you," she folds her arms.