Chapter 17

Raven's P.O.V

The girls and I are sitting at the dining table, eating our breakfast.

"I'm really sorry for crashing your room last night, I just didn't feel comfortable being in that room with Ryder," I say, staring down at my gloopy porridge.

Bella shakes her head, "why are you apologising? This is your house; you can do whatever you want. We're the guests here, not you."

I smile at her, "no, don't say that. This is just as much of my house as it is yours.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but why did you come to our room last night? What did Ryder do?" Avery asks.

I look down at my half-empty bowl again and recite the events that brought me into their room.

"What a fucking dickhead," Everlyn screams angrily.

"Everlyn Parker, don't you dare use such language in this house young girl," Trisha screams, standing at the top of the stairs.

"Mum, I'm not a young girl, I'm 19-years-old and when you hear what Ryder said to Raven, you'll be just as angry as I am."

Trisha frowns at Everlyn while storming down the stairs. Her worried eyes look at me, she grabs my hands, "what did he say to you, sweetie?"

I look out of the window, not saying anything. I can't get Ryder into trouble. Even though it would make me feel amazing if I saw him get yelled at.

"Nothing Trisha, he didn't do anything."

"What do you mean nothing?" Avery says, glaring daggers at me, she then turns to her mum. "He told her to "shut her bitchy mouth up" when all she did was ask him where he was last night."

Trisha gasps, covering her mouth with her hand, "I'm so sorry honey, he has no right to speak to you like," she apologises, giving me a hug.

"It's not your fault Trisha, it's mine. I shouldn't have bugged him about where he was."

"It's not your fault either, he doesn't deserve you, Raven. You deserve someone way better than him."

No.

I can't lose Ryder.

Not over Zara.

"It's fine Trisha, let it be," I say, pulling out of the hug.

As I say that, Ryder walks down the stairs, eyes fixed on the floor.

Maybe he saw Zara laying there, that's why he couldn't get his eyes off of the floor.

He walks straight up to me and gets down on both of his knees.

What's he doing?

Is he going to propose again?

Oh no, what if he unproposes?

No, he won't end the marriage like that, will he?

"Raven," he says, making me look down at him.

"I'm so sorry for what I said to you last night, I feel so bad and guilt is legit swallowing me up. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness after the way I treated you or the way I spoke to you. But please, I'm genuinely so sorry. I'll respect you from now on, and I shouldn't have gone out with another girl when we're getting married in a couple of days. I should have been here spending time with you, especially because we haven't known each other for a long time. I'm really sorry, please forgive me."

"Please," he whispers, his wide eyes stare up at me.

I don't say anything just nod, he gets up from his knees and picks me up, spinning me around on the spot.