Adulting

"Ugh why am I so nervous?"

Smoothing down my pencil skirt, I take one last look in the mirror. God I look grown up!

In the past 6 years I managed to marry the most incredible man, get my college degree in business management, buy a house and find an amazing job at one of the biggest marketing firms in the country. Yes I'll be starting out as a simple secretary, but even getting my foot in the door is a start. I guess you can call it adulting. And today happens to be my first day at said job.

"Morning Princess"

"Hey baby" joining my incredible husband in the kitchen, I plant a soft kiss on his cheek, grabbing a cup of coffee as I let him carry on with his task of making breakfast.

He's not the best of cooks but he tries. At least his presentation is always impressive.

"Nervous?" He questions, setting my toast and eggs in front of me. His expression soft as he eyes me intently.

"No" I lie, shaking my head as he gives me a knowing look.

"Sure" he smirks. Damn him for being able to see right through me. "Eat up and I'll drop you off on my way to the gallery."

"Tae, I am perfectly capable of driving myself to work."

"I know princess" he smiles "but I want to do this. I want to witness my wife walk in that building for the first time like the boss bitch she is. And I will be there when you walk out too"

"I feel like it's my first day at school" I roll my eyes. "No wonder you have a daddy kink"

"You love it" he grins at me, knowing that yes, I in fact do love this kink of his, I love them all.

Watching my face heat up as last nights antics clearly replay in my head, he lets out a chuckle. Damn he gets me every time!

"All right princess, keep it in ya pants, we have work to do."

"You're getting a new assistant today right?" I question him, finishing off my breakfast as he clears his dirty dish from the table.

"Yep" He nods "I haven't even met her though. My old assistant did the interviews for me but she said she's good and I trust her judgment."

"She better not be prettier than me" I joke. Well half joke. Okay I mean it.

"Baby, even if she was a runway model she would be nothing compared to my princess." He assures me, planting a soft kiss on top of my head. "Now eat up or we'll be late"

"I'm done" standing to my feet, I drop my plate in the sink before grabbing my purse. Nerves hitting me again as the time looms closer to me joining the adult world.

It will be nice to finally be able to contribute to the household. After finishing art school, Tae landed himself a curator job at a very prestigious art gallery in the city. After my year of nothing following the Jungkook debacle I enrolled into college, leaving Tae to become the bread winner whilst I earned my degree.

Not one complaint left his lips for the four years I was studying. He knew that one day I would land a job so I can help out with the bills, so he just sat back and let it happen.

Well not exactly. He did have one small complaint. That he would have to wait for us to start a family. He keeps complaining that he's not getting any younger but if you looked at him, you would think he was Benjamin Button, ageing in reverse whilst the rest of us start to contemplate botox. But honestly, I don't think I'm ready yet.

Pulling up outside the intimidatingly large office building, I have to wipe my clammy hands on the side of the seat as my nerves kick into high gear.

"Go show them who's boss baby" Tae smiles at me proudly, giving my knee a reassuring squeeze before handing me my bag from the back seat.

"I'm just a secretary Tae" I remind him, pulling my bag on my shoulder before reaching for the handle.

"For now" he grins "Now go show them what you're made of"

"Thanks baby. I love you." Leaning in for a kiss, I have to refrain myself from letting it get heated like our kisses normally do. Even after 6 years we still struggle to keep our hands off each other. That also being a reason for me not wanting kids just yet. I fear that when we do, our sex life may dwindle. Hearing from so many couples of how they fail to keep the fire ignited in the bedroom after kids enter the equation, I just worry that I will become just the mother to his children instead of his wife.

"I love you too princess. Now go!" Gently forcing me out the door, he gives my ass a swift slap before I shut the door.

Looking up at the tall building, I take a deep breath, composing myself before I take my first step.

"I'm proud of you princess!" Tae yells through the window. Giving me that last bit of encouragement before pulling away.

Walking inside, the building itself is intimidating but the lobby however feels oddly comforting, plush sofas line the reception rather than the usual stiff plastic chairs. Modern music fills the air whilst the coffee aroma drifts through from the resident cafe opposite the front desk. It feels almost... homey.

Drinking in the atmosphere, I smile to myself, already feeling welcome by the countless smiles I receive from the office workers shuffling past.

Making my way to the reception area, I'm greeted by yet another warm smile as the supermodel behind the the desk grins up at me.

"Uh hi, I'm Y/N, I'm supposed to be starting work here today"

"Yes of course!" She replies standing to her feet. "Mr Kim told me you would be here. And you're just as cute as he said. He said he wanted to show you around personally so just take a seat and I'll call him down."

After thanking the bubble of happiness, I do as I'm told and take a seat on the plush sofa, still checking out my surroundings as I wait patiently.

"He's on his way" she smiles up at me again. Her face must really ache by the time she gets home.

"There seems to be a lot of people working here, is the company really that big now?" I question, still watching as countless bodies enter the building.

"Yes and no. Mr Kim rents a lot of office space to other companies. They're all here on the wall." She responds, pointing to the plaques on the wall. I can now see what she means. There has to be at least 20 different companies listed.

Of course Kim Enterprise is at the top. Reading through the list, I can see it's a manner of all kinds of businesses. Law firms, online retailers, mama and papa businesses. And wait.... what's that???

"Jeon Brokers?!!!???!!"

A/N Here it is!!!!!!!! 😘😘😘😘😘

A/N
Here it is!!!!!!!!
😘😘😘😘😘