So....

"So what do you think?" Watching as Tae silently grips onto Jungkook's letter, his expression is unreadable. It's as if he is reading the words over in his mind, eyes tightly shut as a deep breath escapes his nose.

"I think..." he finally speaks "I think it's ultimately your choice baby." His eyes now open, his soft expression looks as if he's begging me. Begging me to say what he wants to hear. But that's the thing, I don't know what he wants to hear.

I left the letter in my bag until we got home, choosing for us to read it for the first time together. Because at the end of the day, Tae and I are a team, a unit. And any decision that needs to be made by one of us, will be made by both of us.

"Ok" I nod. "Here's what I think. I think that Jungkook and I are going to be constantly crossing paths now, and in all honesty I would like to go to work each day not terrified of maybe bumping into him. He said he's been getting help, and that he's changed, and I believe him. I would at least like to look at him and maybe nod politely as we pass each other. Rather then seeing a constant reminder every time I look at him. Feeling the same fear."

"What about my constant reminder every time I look at you?" Tae counters, pointing at the scar above my eye.

"It's just a reminder of a bad time in my life, one that you rescued me from. It's my war wound." I smile up at him, my last sentence making him chuckle slightly.

"You can talk to him." He nods, taking my hand in his, lightly brushing his lips across my knuckles. "But will be there. I will not interject unless he says or does anything out of line. Then his ass is mine."  

"Got it." I nod back, leaning in and giving him a soft kiss on the lips. "I love you so much. You know that right?"

"I do." He sighs, snuggling under the covers bringing me close to his chest. "And I love you too. That's why I'm trying to remain calm."

"You're not calm?" I giggle as I watch him trying to regulate his breathing.

"Honestly?" He cocks his eyebrow at me. "I want to rip his throat out for even having the audacity to approach you. But if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, I'll be by your side."

The drive to my office the next morning was quiet. Other than flexing his jaw every now and then, Tae showed no emotion. His expression remained stoic as he focused on the road.

Gripping my hand tight as we walk through the lobby, his expression hasn't changed causing me to feel nervous. What if he can't control his temper? This will be the first time he is seeing him since the incident at our parents house and Jimin pulled him back from taking out his rage on him then. What if he takes this as an opportunity to fulfil his desire to kill the guy?

Walking into the cafe, we both spot the man in question sat in the corner, nervously picking at his fingers as he gazes out the window.

"You got this princess." Tae assures me before taking me in the direction of Jungkook's table.

"Jeon" Tae growls as he stands over him, Jungkook looking up to him as he swallows thickly.

"Y-You came." He stutters, standing to his feet.

"Yes she did." He answers on my behalf. "Now I am going to sit over there." He adds, pointing to the table across the way. "And if I see so much as her lip quivering, I can assure you that I will have you on the floor begging for mercy in a shot. Understood?"

Vigorously nodding at my husband's instructions/threat, Jungkook slips back in his seat before Tae kisses my temple, his eyes still locked on Jungkook as he walks away.