I'm A Grown Ass Woman!

"Um" is all I can respond, my eyes pleading with Namjoon to lighten the situation for me. Say something, anything.

"Jungkook." He sighs.

Yeah that's not what I meant, thanks Joon...

The mere mention of his name has Tae's nostrils flaring in anger. The memory of my bruised and battered frame. As if the scar above my right eye is not enough of a constant reminder for him.

Continuing his descent down the stares, his face remains contorted as he hands the twins to their father, eyes remaining on me, asking for an explanation.

"Yeah, his dads company rents the fifth floor from me." Namjoon confirms. "But it's not a big deal. Right Y/N?" He adds, turning his focus towards me.

"No" I shake my head. But yes, it is a huge deal for my abusive ex boyfriend to be in close proximity to me every day. It's an incredibly massive problem to be honest. But in reality we have not seen or heard from Jungkook in over six years. Why would the danger still remain? If he was so hell bent on continuing his tirade of ruining my life, he would have surely found me by now.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Tae grits, trying to hide his anger in front of our guest. Our friend. My boss.

"You never asked." I innocently shrug earning a scoff from Tae.

"Why the hell would I ask you about him?"

"Not him Tae, you never asked me about my day. You were so focused on getting your dick wet and getting me knocked up, that asking me about my first day at work must have simply slipped your mind!" I snap, noticing Namjoon uncomfortably shifting on his feet.

"I'm sensing you guys need to talk so... yeah I'm gonna go. Thanks again guys." Swiftly making his way out the door. Tae snaps his head back in my direction after watching the door close.

"Fine. Then tell me princess. How was your day?!" He snaps back.

"Oh so now you're interested?" I scoff, standing to my feet trying to get away from the tension.

"You're not going back!" He yells to me as I make my way upstairs to our bedroom.

"Excuse me?!" I exclaim, stopping in my stride to see him glaring at me from the bottom step. "What makes you think that's a decision for you to make?!"

"You're my wife Y/N! I'm not having that asshole anywhere near you. You understand?!"

"I'm not quitting my job because you're scared Tae!"

"And you're not?!" He yells once more.

"No!" Yes... "I refuse to live my life in fear over something that happened a long time ago. You're letting him control us again if you make me quit my job out of fear of maybe running into him."

"Princess." He sighs, his features softening as he approaches me. "I just want to make sure you're safe that's all."

"And I will be. It's a big office block full of hundreds of workers. Do you really think I'd be in danger?"

"You're right." He nods, bringing his hands up to caress my face. "I'm sorry. You know I'm only like this because I love you."

"I know. I'm sorry too, for not telling you right away."

"Let's just forget about it and go to bed yeah?" He responds with a firm kiss on my forehead.

Taking my hand, he gives it a firm squeeze before stopping in his stride, turning to me with a concerning look on his face. "But will you at least do one thing for me?"

"What is it?"

"Take a pregnancy test. Just to ease my mind. I hate not knowing."

Nodding in response. I can't help the ball of guilt that builds inside my gut. Here he is being the loving and caring husband, whilst I am going ahead and preventing myself from getting pregnant behind his back.

I can imagine he gets so excited each time we make love. Thinking that it could be the time we conceive, starting our own family together whilst I wait for him to fall asleep so I can secretly take my pill.

God. I'm a horrible person.

"Thanks baby." Kissing him gently on the cheek, I grab my bag, jumping out the car in front of my office for my second day.

Just as I'm taking my first step, I feel a hand gripping onto my fingers, stopping me from going any further.

"Tae what are you doing?" I question him, eyebrows creased together as I watch him hit the fob on his keys, locking his car.

"Walking you in." He retorts, pulling me behind him like a child going to school.

"Tae I'm perfectly capable of walking into work." I whine as he pulls the door open.

"I know." He smiles back at me as he holds the door open for me to pass through. "I just want to make my presence known."

"Tae it's no secret that I'm a married women. What are you trying to prove?"

Ignoring me, he gives an innocent smile to the receptionist as we pass her. Her looking back at me as I mouth 'sorry' before we reach the bank of elevators.

"Princess, I'm just making sure that if he sees you, he sees me. And I want that mother fucker to remember who you're married too."

"What you gonna do Tae? Kick his ass for looking at me?"

"Yes." He answers flatly, pressing the button to call the elevator.

"Ok tough man, you can leave now, I'm sure I'm safe." I roll my eyes at his bravado.

"I love you." He sighs kissing me softly on the lips, I tap his shoulder to remind him where we are right now.

"I love you too. Now go." I giggle, my face flush as the onlookers awws echo through the lobby.

"I'll pick you up at 6." Blowing me one last kiss, I watch as he spins on his heel, the elevator dinging as soon as he walks out the door.

Giggling to myself as I try to hide my embarrassment, I shake my head before stepping aside to let the crowd out of the elevator, fumbling inside my bag looking for my I.D card.

"Y/N??"

A/NOoooooooo, I wonder who that might be??? 🤔

A/N
Ooooooooo, I wonder who that might be??? 🤔