Me, Myself And I...Fucked Up

"Y/N!!!"

"Y/N!!!"

"Kookie?" I sob, still bunched up in a ball on the floor, face soaked with tears as he bursts through the door.

Skidding to his knees on the floor in front of me, my body instinctively recoils as he reaches out to me, his face bringing back too many memories for my fragile mind to handle at this moment in time.

Pulling back once he sees my fearful expression, his eyes scan to room, filling with worry as he takes in the devastation.

"Did he hurt you?" He asks me. Shaking my head in response I can't stop the tears from falling, because after all this, I just want my husband.

"You know he wouldn't do that."

Watching Jungkook looking around the room, I couldn't help but notice his expression change. His eyes glossy with tears as he looks back at me.

"Y/N?" He calls me grabbing my attention, a lone tear cascading down his cheek. "I'm so sorry I ever put you through this. I guess I never saw it from the outside."

"Kook he was just upset, he didn't touch me, I promise."

"I know." He sighs. "I'm gonna touch you, okay?" Reaching his hand out to me again, he helps me up off the floor, glass crunching under our feet as I finally stand.

"Let's get you out of here." He gives me a sad smile as he looks down at me. "It's too dangerous here, pack a bag."

"That's not helping Kook, I'm in this mess because he thinks we're having an affair."

"I know." He nods as he helps me get to the stairs. "I'm taking you to Jimin."

~~

Coming to the only place I knew I could gain some sort of solace, I now find myself sat behind my desk in the gallery. Bottle of whiskey in my hand as the steady hum of people outside the door critiquing the art that hangs on the wall vibrates through my ears.

I fucked up. I let my fear of having a life without her take over and I fucked up. I accused her of having an affair when I know she wouldn't think of doing such a thing.

I just didn't want to believe that she had been lying to me. Making me believe we were trying for a baby and letting me breakdown when it wasn't happening when all along, she was the one preventing it.

I completely destroyed the living room out of anger, just for me to stop and watch the dust settle around her with the same look of fear I saw in her eyes all those years ago.

I promised myself on that day that she will never ever have a reason to be scared of me like she was him. That I would be her safety and protection.

When she said she wasn't having an affair I believed her, but I didn't want to. I became angry with myself that she felt the need to go behind my back and continue taking her contraception, that she felt she couldn't take to me about it.