Not Today

Double update, be sure to read the previous chapter to not confuse the shit outta yourself 😘

"Nope! Not today satan!" I exclaim as I desperately hit the button for the top floor.

"Come on you piece of shit!" I mumble to myself.

"The key card." The doe eyed man points out as he watches me frantically trying to make an escape.

Slapping it onto the panel, I press the button once more as I watch the door close, leaving him on the bottom floor.

Puffing out a breath, my head rests on the wall behind me. That seriously couldn't have just happened. I thought he was hardly ever in the building. "Fuck!"

The ding of the elevator doors opening brings me back to my senses, revealing the vast office space in front of me filled with people going about their day.

Flopping down at my desk, I can start to feel somewhat comfortable in knowing that Jungkook is at least 20 floors below me right now and will hopefully be long gone before home times comes around.

"Oh my god Y/N am I happy to see you!" Namjoon beams, slightly flustered as he steps out of his office. "My assistant called in sick today and I'm dying for some caffeine. Would you be a doll and go down the the cafe and grab me an iced americano?"

"N-Now? Y-you want me to go back to the lobby? Now?" I stutter at the thought of my impending doom.

"Please" he pouts. "I'll buy you lunch. I'd go myself but I'm swamped trying to sign the new campaign."

"You owe me." I glare at him before walking back to the elevator.

Reaching the bottom floor, I peer out the doors, scanning the room praying not to see you know who.

With the coast clear, I shuffle across the lobby towards the cafe, joining the queue as I watch a glowing Jin serving the people in front of me. Guess we will both be benefiting from an after sex glow today, I think to myself as I eye the pastries in the show case.

"Ugh my hero!" He grins at me as I step in front of him.

"Have fun last night did we?" I giggle at him as he enthusiastically nods his head in response.

"He let me be a bottom and a top last night! You know, when we use-"

"That's enough information thank you Jin" I cut him off before the whole cafe hears of his bedroom adventures.

"Sorry" he pouts, wiping the counter, clearly struggling to hold his smile. "What can I get you?"

"Well I'm actually here for your husband. And I'll have an English breakfast tea please."

"Of course." He nods. "Take a seat and I'll let you know when it's ready."

After thanking him, I sit off to the side, sitting at a vacant table by the window, feeling contented as I watch the world go by. A small smile tugging at my lips as a father and daughter skip past hand in hand, not caring who is watching. Cute.

The sound of someone clearing their throat snaps me from my daze. A dark haired man smiling down at me as my jaw hangs open.

"How ya been Y/N?"

"No Jungkook. This is not happening. Not today." I shake my head as I stand to my feet.

"Y/N please just hear me out." Feeling his grip on my arm my breathing becomes ragged, past memories filling my mind with how he touched me the last time he saw me.

Seeing red, I snatch my arm back, glaring at him as his looks at me in shock. "Don't fucking touch me."

"Fine. Sorry" holding his arms up in defence, he takes a step back. "I just wanted to talk to you. And give you this." Pulling a folded piece of paper from his wallet, I reluctantly take it from him before stuffing it in my bag.

"It's one of my steps." He continues "you know, that my therapist advised me to do. This is the last one but I haven't been able to reach you to give it to you. All I ask is that you read it, meet me here tomorrow morning at nine with your answer. Whether it be the answer I'm hoping for or not, I need to hear it from you."

"I don't owe you shit." I scoff as I try to walk away.

"Please Y/N! I can't move on with my life knowing someone out there hates me. Just read it first before you blow me off. That's all I ask."

"Y/N, your drinks." Jin interrupts.

Not answering Jungkook, I thank Jin for the drinks before walking away. Not sparing Jungkook another glance.

He still smells the same. He smells just like he did the day we met. The time he took me out on my first date. The first time we shared I love yous. The first time we...

But also the first time he yelled at me, the first slap, the first punch, the first kick, the first burn. And the first time he...

How can two completely different men be inside one man? I'm glad he sought the help he needed, even if it was court ordered. He looks healthy. Happy. Matured.

Placing the coffee down in front of Namjoon, he mouths a thank you before I nod and walk back to my desk, placing my bag on the floor in beside me.

It's been six years. Six years since he tortured me, having absolutely no regard for my safety, my well being. Breaking me inside and out with his punches and insults.

But it's also been six years of blissful happiness. I'm with the man I'm supposed to be. My soulmate, and nothing will ever make me doubt my love for that man. Tae is my world, the most perfect husband any women could wish for.

But as I sit at my desk with an elephant in the shape of triangle poking out of my bag, I look down on the note and think...

Should I read it?

A/NWell????? Should you????

A/N
Well????? Should you????