Hey Baby

Running out the room I fly down the stairs to find Jimin and Jungkook just stepping out the door, turning to look at me as the panic starts to set in

"Where's my phone?!" I yell at both of them throwing the contents of my work bag around the room. "Where's my fucking phone?!!!"

"Taehyung calm down!" Jimin yells back as he grabs the bag from me, my hands shaking as I pat my pockets.

"It worked then." Jungkook grins at me, picking my phone up from the sofa and handing it to me.

"I need to call the midwife." I quiver, searching for her number, my head shooting to look up the stairs when I hear Y/N calling my name.

"Tae baby calm down, we have time." She tells me calmly, coming down the stairs to sit on her workout ball.

Bouncing up and down she rests her hands on her bump, smiling for what feels like the first time in forever, Jungkook kneeling in front of her as he puts his hands over hers.

"Have you had any contractions?" He asks her whilst she continues to bounce.

"Just one." She shrugs, my entire body shaking as I think of what's to come.

"You've got at least a few hours hyung." Jungkook says turning to me. "Just let your midwife know that her water has broke but the contractions are at least 10 minutes apart. She'll tell you what to do."

"Right." I nod, pulling the phone to my ear.

"And after that hyung, do me a favour." He adds. "Come and do what I'm doing, your wife needs you, not me."

"Do you want us to stay?" Jimin asks, looking between Y/N and I.

Nodding in response as her face begins to contort, hissing to herself as he grips onto her bump. "I think Tae will need you guys." She groans, dropping her head before looking back up at me taking a deep breath. "That was a big one." She smiles before reverting back to bouncing.

Watching her wide eyed I jump slightly when the midwife picks up the call, her professional manner calming me just slightly as I explain the situation.

Seven hours and lots of screaming later she's still calm, I didn't say it was her screaming now did I? Jungkook and Jimin have been taking it in turns to replace me when I find it all too overwhelming, sitting by her side in the bedroom while I try to pull myself together.

"8cm daddy, almost there." The midwife calls out to me as I pace the hall outside.

Seeing my princess handle this like a boss has given me a new found respect towards women. Small groans are all I hear each time she powers through a contraction, her only form of pain relief being gas and air.

"You're up Taehyung." Jimin grins at me walking out the room, giving me a comforting pat on the shoulder before making his way downstairs.

Taking a deep breath I step back into the room, my eyes stinging with tears as I see her laying on the bed breathing heavily, glistening with sweat.