Deep Breaths, It's Fine..

Have you ever had that feeling like you just busted a lung? like all the air left your body and you are sure you even heard a pop, your vision becomes blurry, hands clammy and mouth dry all because something so shocking has happened your body is shutting down as it tries to flee the scene, leaving your motionless carcass to deal with the bullshit ahead.

That would be the state I am in right now as I stare up at the word JEON in big bold letters.

And now that my soul is slowly returning to my body it begins to go into fight or flight mode. Before I know it, my legs seem to have a mind of their own as they lead the motionless top half of my body straight for the exit.

"Y/N?"

"Uhh... Yeah?" Jumping slightly at the sound of my name, I freeze on the spot, watching as the tall drink of water that I call boss heads my way.

"You're not running out on me already are you?" He queries, knitting his eyebrows together.

"No Mr Kim. It's just that I umm...."

"Y/N, please don't be so formal with me. Although I own the company please address me the way you always have"

"Sorry Joonie" I breath out, remembering that although he may now be my boss, he's still the friend I adore.

"That's better." He smiles down at me. "Now please explain why you were trying to make a break for it"

"That" I simply say, pointing up at the board. Trying to refrain from scowling at it.

"Ah" swinging his arm over my shoulder, he guides me back into the lobby. "Mr Jeon has taken residency on the 5th floor. But don't worry, you will almost never cross paths, we are on the top floor remember dear" concluding his statement with a wink, it still does nothing to ease my mind.

"So it's just Mr Jeon that works in the building?"

"And Jungkook." He replies nonchalantly, as if it's not a big deal.

And of course to him it's not. But to even hear that name again causes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. To Namjoon, Jungkook is just my ex from high school that I had a messy break up with. He was not around to witness the true extent of our relationship when things turned abusive. Only my family and Jimin know the full truth, so the rest of the world just thinks I should 'get over it' by now. If only they knew.

I didn't even realise I had once again stopped dead in my tracks, causing Namjoon to look at me half confused, half frustrated.

"Y/N" He sighed "If you're not comfortable even being in the same building as him after all this time, then maybe you working here won't be such a good idea"

"No! No honestly it's fine. It's just... old memories that's all" I assure him.

Bad memories.

But I am sure as hell not letting that man continue to ruin my life. If I run into him I will have to be sure to keep my head held high and act like the grown woman I am. Then run in the other direction.

"Exactly, just memories. Just move past it, I'm sure he has" Joonie smiles down at me, pulling me in the direction of the elevators.

I'm sure he has moved past it, that's what rehab is meant to do.

"Okay so here's your key card. You will need this to gain access to the top floor." He says handing me a plastic card with my name on it.

I can't help but smile as I look down on it. My name etched across it, sitting proudly under the company logo.

The ping on the elevator door opening brings my gaze back up, gripping tightly on my first piece of 'office equipment' I follow closely behind Namjoon, excited to see the office I'll be working in.

"So how's Jin?" I question, trying to fill the silence.

"He's good. Exhausted but good."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that, it must be tough with everything you have going on"

"Yeah having twins is a lot of work, but I wouldn't change them for the world." He smiles fondly as he recalls his family. "But honestly Y/N, between friends, Jin and I haven't had alone time in months"

"Seriously?" Raising my eyebrows at his confession, I cannot help but feel a little worried, I can't imagine Tae and I going more than a couple of days let alone months. This now justifying my decision to keep taking my pill. Even if it is behind his back... "Joon, you know you can always ask Tae and I to take the boys for a few hours right?"

"You would do that?" He responds excitedly, already planning what to do with his freedom in his mind.

"Of course." I nod "Anytime, all you gotta do is ask."

Slamming me into his chest, he just thanks me over and over as I giggle between breaths whilst he squeezes the oxygen from my lungs.

"Okay Joon, calm down" I laugh, peeling away from him.

"Sorry Y/N. It's just, you have no idea how hard it is to have a man as hot as Jin wandering around the house in his underwear. But not to turn me on, no no, it's because he's been peed on. The romance has definitely dried up. I just want to relight the flame if you know what I mean."

"Honestly Joon, anytime, don't be shy to ask okay?"

Little did I know how literal he would take me up on my offer, also how soon. But now I understand his desperation as I stand on the curb, a car seat by each of my feet, the twins talking between themselves in their own language whilst I apprehensively wait for Tae and his reaction.

I have to bite my lips between my teeth to stop myself from bursting out laughing as I see him driving towards us however. He literally looks like he just spotted bigfoot roaming the city.

Pulling up beside us, he just winds down the window, moving his gaze from my face to the toddlers by my feet every few seconds.

"Explain Princess."

"Well um... Joonie and Jin need some alone time so... surprise!"

 surprise!"

A/N