Don't Leave Me

Sitting on the edge of the bed dialling numbers over again just for them to go unanswered, I'm getting to the point that I can't even see the screen through my tears

The constant ringing in my ear sends vibrations through my body, the voicemail tone being my only friend at this moment in time.

I called everyone I could think of.

Apart from one person.

Swallowing my pride, I search for his number praying that at least he will answer my call.

"Hello?"

"J-Jungkook?"

An uncomfortable silence fills my ear, the only sound I hear is him sighing as I nervously pick at my clothes.

"Hyung, why are you calling me? I thought you weren't my friend."

"I'm sorry. I was angry, I didn't mean it. I just need to know where my wife is. Please tell me you've seen her."

"I saw her when I was picking her up off of your living room floor if that's what you mean."

"Is she with you?" I ask as I jump off the bed.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at home, please bring her home to me Kook." I can't fight the tears as I beg the man, hoping he will understand that I didn't mean anything I said or done. I was just... scared.

"Don't move, I'll be there in a minute."

Waiting at the top of the stairs certainly tested my patience as I stared at the front door. Willing for it to open so I can begin to grovel to the only woman in the world that means anything to me.

But as the door opens and the lights flick on, I'm met by only him, staring up at me in disapproval as he lets out a harsh breath.

"Where is she?" I ask, running to the bottom of the stairs, looking out the door.

"She's not with me." He deadpans, looking at the glass crunching under his feet, sweeping it to the side as he walks in further.

Dropping to my hands and knees my sobs are uncontrollable. Did she send him here as her messenger? Is he here to tell me it's over for good?

"Please Jungkook." I beg. "Please just give me my wife back."

"Get up before you cut yourself!" He groans, grabbing my arms to pull me off of the floor, my natural reflex being to wrap my arms around him as I cry into his shoulder. "Hyung, you really fucked up you know that?"