Memories

After explaining to Kook who exactly Sarah was, he told me he woke up to a text from her

After explaining to Kook who exactly Sarah was, he told me he woke up to a text from her. She had mentioned that she worked for Tae and that I said he was a good guy and gave her his number.

After a little scolding for trying to play matchmaker, he agreed to message her back. Especially after I said I think she's trying to get under my husband, he said he would happily distract her.

"What does she look like?" He questions as we walk back to the Japanese restaurant for lunch, it may be shady as fuck but the food's too good to pass up.

"Imagine if Malibu Barbie suddenly came to life." I smile at him.

"Not my type then." He grimaces, making me scoff.

"Seriously? Because she closely resembles the girl you cheated on me with."

Pulling the door to the restaurant open, he steps aside to let me pass him, smiling at the host before she takes us to the same table we had last time. "Back then Y/N I was young, dumb and full of cum. I'm not into that type anymore, I like sophisticated women, someone I can actually hold a conversation with. Like you."

"Just because she's blonde Kook it doesn't mean she's unintelligent." I roll my eyes as I scan the menu.

"Remember when you gave yourself blonde highlights and forgot your name?" He grins at me, me, I was hoping he had forgotten that episode I had.

"Okay first of all, that was an allergic reaction, I could of died, and second of all, you said they looked good!"

"Anything looks good on you." He smiles at me fondly, making me feel slightly awkward before he clears his throat and focuses back on his menu.

My phone ringing in my bag thankfully breaks the silence, Namjoons name lightning up my screen before I answer.

"Y/N?

"Yes boss, everything okay?"

"Cut a long story short, Jin thought it would be funny to spike my coffee with viagra, so I'm dragging his ass home to teach him a lesson. Don't bother coming back after lunch, I'm closing up for the afternoon."

"Okay" I laugh before hanging up, stuffing my phone back in my bag, me shaking my head gaining Jungkook's attention.

"You good?" He questions.

"Yeah, I don't need to go back, Namjoon is occupied."

"What you gonna do instead?"

"Grocery shopping then just probably chill out at home." I shrug, hearing how exciting my life sounds. But it's fine, I like the simple things. I like to have a full fridge for Tae along with a clean home. I know to some it may not seem like much but I like simple. I like our Sunday morning breakfast in bed followed by shameless groping. I like that he tries to drive me to work whenever he gets the chance just so he gets one more kiss in the morning. And I also like that hopefully soon we will have a little bundle to add to the mix.

"Want company? I don't need to go back either. I actually don't ever really need to show up in the office. I just come for the lunch breaks." He grins across the table at me.

Cocking an eyebrow at him, I'm not sure if that's cute or creepy. "You want to come grocery shopping?"

"Yeah I needed to anyway." He shrugs innocently.

Afternoon with my ex at the grocery store. Why does it feel like he's trying to act as if we're dating again? Maybe I'm reading too much into it. I need to remember he lost a lot of friends because of his divorce. And anyway, it's just harmless shopping, it's not like he's asking me out to dinner or anything.

Walking in the store we go our separate ways, me going towards the fresh fruits and vegetables whilst he heads straight for the meet section. We agreed to meet around the snack section in about 20 minutes so we can argue over who has the superior taste in chocolate bars.

I sent Tae a quick text to tell him about me leaving work early. He said he wasn't thrilled about me hanging out with Kook alone but he also said he obviously trusted me and if anything seemed off then to just call him. He also said he would meet us at home later for dinner so I'm guessing that means I'm cooking dinner for Kook too.

From wanting to slit his throat last week to now having him over for dinner, the change in attitude has brought me some sense of relief. It wouldn't be great if I saw Kook every day knowing Tae absolutely hated him but still let me hang out with him. It would be nothing but constant arguments every night.

"Y/N you almost done?" Kook calls down the cereal isle at me, giving him a nod I grab a box of Tae's favourite before joining him to go get some snacks.

"Your husband just text me." He grins, swinging his arm over my shoulder as I reach him. "He said you were cooking us dinner and to have the playstation fired up by the time he gets home."

"Seems like you made a friend." I smirk back at him, nudging him in the ribs before freeing myself.

"Yeah he's pretty cool. I can see why you married him. I'm just glad we can get past everything. I feel like I'm just meeting you guys, if that makes sense?"

"It does." I nod as we continue down the next isle.

"Y/N? Jungkook?" Looking behind us, I struggle to recognise the person calling our names, Jungkook however seems to know them as he walks to them offering a handshake.

"Hey man! Long time no see! You remember Yeonjun Y/N?" Hearing the name I nod, now recognising him as an old school friend of Jungkook's.

"Wow! This is a blast from the past! I can't believe you guys are still together! Are you married?" Yeonjun beams as he looks between the two of us, pausing when he sees the rock on my finger.

"Actually-"

"Yes." Jungkook cuts, pulling me into him, my frown very visible.

"Nice." Yeonjun grins as he notices Jungkook's hand placement just a few inches shy of the top of my ass. "Good to see you guys. Kook we should hang out some time."

Giving Jungkook a pat on the shoulder before taking his leave, he glances at us over his shoulder one last time before turning the corner.

"Kook what the fuck?!" I pull away from him, my face red with both embarrassment and anger.

"You wanna tell him the story? Or just pretend because we know we will probably never see him again?" He shrugs as he continues to push his cart.

"Either way Kook, you could have just said no!" I huff as I throw a mountain if chocolate in my cart.

"I could have."

Might get 2 updates out today, depending how busy I am at work

Might get 2 updates out today, depending how busy I am at work. Still haven't decided yet. Stay safe guys!!