The CEO

Edited

This story starts off bad, but with time, it gets better. Please, stay with me and tolerate my work as I become a better author, learning from my mistakes and past experiences. Thank you. -Author

Kara

I hurried into Cat's office. Currently, I'm employed at Catco Worldwide Media, as the assistant of the well-known media queen, Cat Grant. She was like a mother to me... a tough love one, to be exact. 

Whenever something was troubling my mind, she knew. She would drag me, literally, to her office, in a mere attempt (always successful) to get me to tell her what was going on. In return, I would receive purely amazing advice. She was like a mother to me. Well... the first one sorta... kinda... maybe... went boom. In conclusion, she was like a mother to me. 

"Kiera! Why are you late... by 5.09 seconds?" she sternly reprimanded me as I delivered her the latte she always had me get her in the mornings. It was one of the first things on my agenda, daily.

"I... uh... I was dealing with a... family issue, Miss Grant," I answered her, nervously adjusting my glasses that rested atop the bridge of my nose, my hand subtly shaking.

"Alright, whatever. Have you figured out what you want to be doing? Reporter, photographer...." she started to list off jobs. I awkwardly looked around her office. I noticed the white-cushioned sofa in the middle of the office, paired with the glass coffee table. Behind my boss, you could see the many screens, showing the 'Catco' logo. It looked like she had the couch dry-cleaned. It looked much whiter. 

Snapping out of my thoughts, I responded, "No, Miss Grant. I mean... I've been looking into reporting. My cousin... you know him, Clark Kent, wants me to tag along for an interview with ah... Lena Luthor," I answered her, and she peered at me from under her glasses.

"Your cousin is Clark Kent?" she inquired, not believing me. I nodded my head up and down quickly to answer her question.

"Oh. You kind of actually look like him. You actually look like Supergirl. Oh wait, aren't you her?" she queried, and I shook my head rapidly.

"N-no? I assure you, Miss Grant, I am 100% human," my voice increasingly got higher pitched. She looked at me in disbelief.  

"Yeah, sure. Whatever. You'll be going to interview Lena Luthor with Mr. Kent, then. I'm sure that I can manage for the day," she concluded and shoo'ed me from her office. 

Leaving her office, I noticed Kal, also known as Clark Kent waiting for me at the employee's elevator. He knew not to use Cat's personal elevator. I joined him quickly, hugging his tall, muscled figure. Girls went crazy over his biceps. I inwardly rolled my eyes at the thought.

"Clark! It's crazy to see you aft- oh wait, I knew we were going to interview... I'm just gonna shut up now," I watched Kal laugh at me.

"Rambling. Classic Kara Danvers. How am I even related to you, you awkward person?" he lightly teased. I rolled my eyes.

I replied indifferently, "I'm not that much an awkward person, for your information!" he cracked a slight smile, slightly shaking his head to himself as we entered the vacant elevator. 

"Just so you, know, little cuz, we need to be careful around Lena Luthor. She's a sketchy person. But I trust your judge of character... only time will tell if she's a good person or not," he sighed, and I furrowed my eyebrows in concentration of the matter.

"I hope she's not like Lex. But we should at least give her a chance," I encouraged him, and he sighed, stepping out of the elevator as it dinged