The Gay Bar

Lena

I didn't know what it was. That awkward, self-conscious, clumsy reporter of whom went by the name 'Kara Danvers'. I supposed that she could possibly be a friend, maybe even a good friend.

Come to think of it, I never really had friends. It's obvious- I'm the sister of Lex Luthor. The crazy, maniacal psychopath that had killed nearly millions in his path to destroy Superman. I didn't really know what he had against the Super; Superman had always done well for Metropolis and the world. 

One year ago, my mother, Lillian Luthor, found out that I'm a lesbian, and well... she shared the newly found information with the entire world. But, what can I say? She's a low, despisable person. At this point, I couldn't even call her a person. She was absolutely insane.

But... that reporter. My mind diverted back to thoughts about Kara. She wasn't a reporter when she had first walked into my office. No, she was Cat Grant's assistant- I like the term 'personal puppet'. It fits the description of an assistant of Cat Grant's. I overheard in the gossip that Kara had gotten promoted to no longer ber Cat's assistant, yet a reporter. I'll have to congratulate her on that. 

Honestly, when Kara was in my office, I couldn't count the number of times she had brought her hand up to her glasses, just to nervously adjust them and bring her hand back down, surveying the office, all the while avoiding my eyes in embarrassment. Or how many times she stumbled on her words, stammering on fragments of a sentence until her face turned red in a blush.

I didn't care at all for Kent. He's exactly like the others. He believes that I'm just like my brother, hhich is not true, at all. I want to make the Luthor name a force for good. All my life, my family was evil with their wrongdoings and misdeeds. I didn't want to be like them. I wanted to make a change in the world, a good change.

My office door opened after I heard a sharp knocked. I called for the person standing on the opposite side of the door to enter. "Miss Luthor? You're here early," my assistant, Eve remarked. I smiled at her, setting my coffee cup down on my newly polished desk. 

"Well, what can I say? Being early is part of my Luthor genes. Sometimes good, sometimes bad," I always had to make a joke out of my surname. It was just in my bl- I'm not even going to finish that sentence. 

"Dark humor at its finest, Miss Luthor," See, this is why I hired Eve. She can put up with my bullshit. I sat at my desk as Eve departed from my office, and I just began to work on some prototype ideas.

"Yellow sun... yellow sun ring?  Or a yellow sun emitter..." I thought to myself. I knew National City had a hero; Supergirl. Superman's cousin. I want to help her. Perhaps I can be the techie. I don't know. As long as I can clear my name and do good. 

I got to work putting together the yellow sun ring and emitter. I'd have to give these to Supergirl- if I get a chance. I most likely would get a chance, considering the fact that I was now living in the city of another Super. She would- most likely- want to survey me. I wouldn't blame her; I'm Lex Luthor's little sister.

My mind wandered to the reporter again. Jesus, what is up with her? I mean... it seemed she was hiding something. Well, I mean I just met her yesterday. Of course, she'll be hiding things. But I felt like this thing... it took a major place in her life.

Maybe she was just very nervous. I mean... who wouldn't be? Meeting Lex Luthor's little sister? You've got to be anxious, in hope she didn't pull a grenade on you. Or a gun. 

After a few hours of just putting together tech ideas, I realized that I had a meeting with Cat Grant. I got up, smoothed my skirt, and walked swiftly over to my door, pulling it open, and exiting the building.