Here We Go Again... Pt 2

Lena~ three hours later

"If I'm hearing you right," I seethed, glaring in the director's direction, "you shot my girlfriend, your damn sister! With Blue Kryptonite?!" Maggie stifled a laugh from behind Alex, who glared right back at me.

Alex replied in a rash tone, "It's the cure."

I looked to J'onn, who nodded. I took a deep breath in and turned around, walking away and inside Kara's 'Yellow Sun Room', seeing her laying there in her black supersuit, her hair sprawled out every which way. She was restrained and unconsious, her wrists bound by slightly laced Kryptonite cuffs. She looked beautiful.

I sat next to her, running my hand through her blonde hair before my hand rested on her cheek, my thumb carressing her face gently as I hear the faint whoosh of air behind inhaled and exhaled from the Super. 

Once more, there was a loud sound of bustle that could be heard, even in a confined room. The door opened, and Maggie entered, walking over to me. 

"You really love her, huh?" she lightly teased. I nodded, glancing at Kara once more before my line of sight returned to the detective, who sighed.

She started to speak, "Kal is fine now... we detained him. That's the loud noises you're hearing. He'll be in here in a minute... is everything okay? I mean, between you and my fiancee? I don't think that you want your girlfriend's sister pissed off at you." I nodded.

"Yeah... sorry about that. I was just shocked that Alex could bring herself to shoot her sister with blue Kryptonite. It's just... you know..." I sighed. Maggie nodded in empathy.

I began to speak again, "Even though I know that Kara will be okay... things are just going insane. One moment her and I are having the time of our lives, we're happy! Hell, I almost carried her child! The next, either it's her or me that's on the verge of death. Then, she's sent back to the Phantom Zone! The fucking Phantom Zone, Maggie! Oh, and then she relapses and I can't help her and things go to shit."

Maggie was at a loss for words as I shook my head slightly before speakig, "I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry..." I stood up, leaving the room in a haste. Moving past the door and rushing to my lab, tears in my eyes. 

I grabbed a scrap piece of paper as I jotted down words. Words, Lena. Words. Words get you through life. Words get you through a breakup! Words break you up. 

'Kara,

Love, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I can't do this. I can't do this teetering dance from things being absolute bliss, then its wreck, havoc, and tears. I can't. I'm so sorry... things are insane. I know you're strong. You'll get through this... I won't. I'm not dragging you behind with me. Don't text me. Don't call me. Don't write me. Don't ask about me... get me off your mind, Kar. You're always going to be on mine, but forget about me. Forget. Please. I love you. I love you more than words can express. Please, let me go. You're asleep right now, in the DEO, and I know I can't do this. Even with help, I can't. I'm so sorry, love. Hate me if you need to. Just... let me go. 

I love you.

-Lena'

Tears were splattered on the paper as I folded it, moving back to the 'Red Sun Room' and handing it to Maggie, who was still sitting there. 

She looked to me in confusion before I spoke, "When Kara wakes up, give that to her. Thank you for everything... goodbye," I left the room after giving Maggie a last hug. I saw Superman, unconsious, being wheeled into the room on my way out. Alex gave me a look as I stopped her from entering the room.

"I have a few things to say," I announced to her. She just nodded, crossing her arms. Her eyebrows dipped in curiosity as she urged me to continue.

Taking a deep breath, I continued, "Thank you for everything. Seriously, everything. Thank you for believing in me. I trust that Kara will speak with you... do everything you can to make sure she's okay. Take care of her for me, okay? You're like a sister to me... thank you," I started to leave when Alex took hold on my left wrist. I winced.

"Sorry, sorry," she apologized quickly before responding to my vauge announcement of departure, "What the actual fuck is going on?" 

I sighed, "Some relationship issues with your sister than cannot be fixed. The best idea for me is to... break up with her. And so I did... she's about to wake up, I've got to go," I rushed out of the DEO, tears flowing freely down my cheeks.

Alex watched me leave. She had tears in her eyes. I shook the image away, racing away from the DEO in my car that my driver had delivered to me. 

Driving back to my old penthouse, it felt different. I hadn't been here in a while- I only went here when Kara and I broke up or took a break, which wasn't often. The dulling pain in my chest was still there, and tears just kept flowing.

I threw the best thing in my life out the door. 

I broke up with Kara whilst she was unconsious. I sighed, running my hands through my hair, a shaky breath being exhaled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kara

My eyes opened, and they shut quickly as a bright light was seen overhead. Right into my eye. Ouch. My head was throbbing, my throat dry. Bits and pieces of yesterday came back to me- wait, Lena!

I sat up, seeing Alex and Maggie sitting next to me. They turned towards me, a look in their eyes. It was the look Alex had when Jerimiah had been pronounced dead.

Shaking my head, I questioned, "What- what's that look for...?" Alex sighed. Maggie grabbed a piece of paper, handing it to me. Alex and Maggie left the room without a word. 

The letter was in Lena's handwriting. Lena's... oh no. I started to read.

Kara,

'Love, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I can't do this.'

Can't do what, Lena? 

'I can't do this teetering dance from things being absolute bliss, then its wreck, havoc, and tears. I can't. I'm so sorry... things are insane.'

This is starting to sound like either a breakup or a suicide note... 

'I know you're strong. You'll get through this... I won't. '

Yes, you will! You're strong! You're stronger than me! Lena...

'I'm not dragging you behind with me. Don't text me. Don't call me. Don't write me. Don't ask about me... get me off your mind, Kar.' 

Baby, I will never get you off my mind...

'You're always going to be on mine, but forget about me. Forget. Please. I love you. I love you more than words can express.'

Lena, I will never forget you. Please...

'Please, let me go. You're asleep right now, in the DEO, and I know I can't do this. Even with help, I can't. I'm so sorry, love. Hate me if you need to. Just... let me go.'

Why...

'I love you.  -Lena'

I love you too, Lee...

The love of my life just left me.