Christmas Eve

Third Person POV

Kara and Alex were out shopping for gifts for both their significant others. Alex rolled her eyes at her sister as Kara eyed a shop (a donut shop) before grasping her arm with a huff, and steering the Kryptonian over to the jewelry section of the large mall.

The two sisters had admitted to each other that it would be the best idea to purchase their girlfriend/fiancee a necklace, regarding the fact that anything else, they wouldn't really use that often. Alex had bought Lena a wooden wine glass (cup?) as she had recognized the Luthor's love for wine. God, did Lena Luthor have a wine obsession.

Kara had bought Lena a necklace with morse code imprinted in it. 'Always'. It was a word that they would both say to each other whenever they would have deep discussions. Without the word, the conversation felt incomplete.

Alex, on the other hand, had bought her fiancee a new, black leathered gun holster and a newer gun (optic) attachment. If one thing Maggie and Alex had in common, it was their fascination for guns, knife sets, holsters, and anything that has to do with warfare or combat.

Kara, on her own time when she went Christmas gift shopping with Lena, had bought her sister some new black combat boots and cargo pants. She already knew her sister's size for boots and pants, so it wasn't really that big of a hassle when it came to gifts for her sister.

For Eliza, the Kryptonian had purchased a few cardigans and books. Eliza had loved books, and that's something Eliza and Lena had in common. Kara had also bought a book on science for her adoptive mother.

Lena, however... while Kara and Alex were out shopping, the younger Luthor, Maggie, and the eldest Danvers had gone to a separate mall. Lena hadn't had any idea of what she would get her girlfriend.

Eliza had recommended that Lena get Kara something memorable. Something that the Super would cherish and love. Lena had thought about going through her Snapchat memories to find some photos of her and Kara, and so she did. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Lena walked up to the clerk at the desk of the photography shop in the 'Printing' section. He looked up from the register, wiping his hands on his jeans before greeting, "Hello, welcome. How may I help y-" his sentence was cut short as he realized who the woman, standing before him, was.

Clearing his throat and shaking his head, he continued after apologizing, "I'm sorry. How may I help you?" He awkwardly shifted his weight to his left foot, his hands becoming sweaty and clammy. He gulped as Lena set her phone on the counter. 

Lena spoke, "It's alright," she looked at his hat, which read his name, "Josiah. I was wondering if I could get these photos printed? They're just pictures of me with my girlfriend and best friend." The employee nodded.

"Right away," he responded quickly before clearing his throat once more and asking after he had composed himself, "I'm sorry- are you... are you Lena Luthor? The Lena Luthor?" He didn't believe that his celebrity crush was standing before his eyes in the store he worked at.

Lena nodded, smiling, "You're correct," Josiah laughed nervously as he printed the pictures, looking over his shoulder.

He ended the unsettlingly awkward silence, "It's an honor to meet you. I- I've heard about the great things you've done. It's a shame that people won't bother to let you have a chance..." Lena slowly nodded.