Control

Kara

Lena and I sat on the couch in her penthouse, just enjoying each other's presence. Her arms wrapped tightly around me, my back pressed against her front, I felt a small peck on my neck. I giggled at the sensation and got up.

"I wish I had my powers back," I groaned and she nodded. I heard my phone ringing, and I checked to see who was calling. It was Winn.

Winn

"Are you and Lena dating?"

I smiled at the question and looked over to Lena, who was sipping on a glass of water. I saw a droplet of water run from her lip to her chin, and I felt my cheeks heat up as I saw Lena bite her lip and smile.

Kara

"Well... maybe we are, maybe we aren't. You'd never know."

I saw Lena's smile turn into the famous Luthor smirk, and she stood up, her hands pressed to her knees, and padded over to me. She walked behind me, and I felt her arms creep around my waist, and a small kiss pressed to my neck. 

Winn

"Oh, so you are dating her. Congrats!"

Kara

"Thanks, Winn. I uh... talk later?"

Winn

"Of course! Cya,"

He hung up and I turned to face Lena, who had a smile on her face. She leaned in to kiss me, and I let out a small giggle as her hands were now placed on my shoulder. I connected our lips, but then I felt a wave of dizziness take over me. My knee bucked, and right as I was about to hit the ground, Lena caught me. 

Her arm was wrapped around my waist, and her shiny, emerald eyes glinted with concern. I cringed as I felt my ribs send a shock of pain as she helped me back up, laying me down on the couch.

"Kara, love, are you alright?" her voice displayed pure concern. I nodded slowly, and I saw Lena make a move to grab her phone. I reached my arm out, setting it on her forearm, shaking my head.

"Don't call Alex. She worries a lot, she's a big sister. I'll be alright, I just got a wee bit dizzy," I let out a small laugh, and Lena nodded, setting her phone back down on the sidearm table.

"Just a little dizzy, hmm," her velvet-like voice purred, and she pressed a kiss to my forehead before leaving for a mere minute, but reappearing with an ice pack. I groaned internally at having to put a cold pack on me. I'm the girl of steel, why would I need that?

Wait. I'm the girl of steel. Who is protecting National City?! I quickly sat up, but regretted the action as I clutched my ribs, and Lena quickly pressed the cold pack to my ribs, despite my complaints. 

"Lena," she looked over to me, her attention undivided, "Who is protecting National City?" Lena thought for a minute.

"J'onn is protecting National City. So is Guardian. Don't worry, the city can do without their Kryptonian War Goddess for two days," I rolled my eyes at the name.

"War goddess? Look, I'm not violent. We don't resort to violence!" Lena gave me a look. "Well maybe we do... only sometimes!"

The brunette CEO deadpanned. "Okay fine. All the time..." 

"Kara. I'm gonna tell you something, and I want you to listen and don't interrupt," Lena sat next to me, looking me straight in the eyes. I nodded for her to continue. 

"This is new. All the y'know being able to kiss and such things and yeah... but you being Supergirl is completely new. Honestly, I liked both you and Supergirl. I didn't realize I liked Kara Danvers. But I knew I liked Supergirl. But I now see all sides of you, and I worry. A lot. And I want to make sure you're safe. Well, you don't do safe things... but you know what I mean. So... please be careful," I saw a tear escape her eye.