Oh, Jealousy...

Lena

I woke up, the sun peeping through the window obnoxiously. Peering to my right, I could see a sleeping Kara, who was smiling in her sleep. Yesterday was fun. 

I glanced at the clock, reading 6:58 am. I decided to just read a book until I had to go to work. After all, it was Monday morning. Man, I hate Mondays. I hate Mondays as much as I hate my brother and mother. That says a lot.

But, Kara made my Mondays better when I got to wake up beside her. If I'm being honest, she makes every day better for me. The moment she walks into the room, my day gets better and better. Is this what love really feels like?

I smiled as I saw the book she had placed on the bedside table. I had practically begged for her to at least give the book a read; turns out, she really did give it a chance. Though, she only made it one-fifth of a way through the book. That's progress.

With time, I would turn my girlfriend into a book-loving nerd. Then, we can both be bookworms! Maybe, just maybe, that was my plan this whole time. Just kidding. I was with her because she's... well... so amazing.

Her eyes, her laugh, her infectious smile... those lips... I could kiss those lips forever and never get bored of it. Well, maybe we'd have to stop for air, but I didn't have a problem with that. I love her, really. That's all that needs to be said, though I could ramble endlessly about my love for the sleeping beauty. Ha! Sleeping beauty. 

I snapped a photo of her sleeping and sent it to Alex. 

.

.

.

It happened again. 

I got jealous.

Kara was standing on the other side of the room, talking to a man who was definitely into her, as his eyes roamed her body, marveling at her curves. His eyes stopped to stare at her ass, and my arms crossed over my chest, jealousy seething through my veins. 

Apparently, he was an old friend of hers, who went to Midvale High with her and Alex. He surely didn't just want to talk to her as just an old friend- no. I'm pretty sure that within half an hour if Kara wasn't loyal, he would be fucking my girlfriend in the storage closet.

Of course, I trusted Kara, but did I trust him? No. Not at all. Though I know she can literally throw him into space, she wouldn't. Why? Because we're in Catco! Why the hell would Kara Danvers, not Supergirl, throw a man into space! 

I couldn't walk over there and wrap my arm around her waist! I couldn't do anything! Because she was here, at Catco, as Kara Danvers. Not Supergirl!

I sent a text to Kara.

~

Kara

Hey baby, you sure he's just a friend? He's 

checking you out right now.

Read 12:35 pm

~

She typed back quickly.

~

Kara 

Are you jealous?

Read 12:37 pm

Yes, who wouldn't be? Love, he's staring at 

your ass.

Read 12:39 pm

You being jealous is cute.

Read 12:40 pm

~

She glanced back at me before putting her phone away, back in her purse, continuing her conversation with him. Groaning, I walked away, deciding to let it go for now. My phone dinged with a text from Kara

Kara

If he tries anything, I'll let you know,

 babe. Love you!

Read 12:43 pm

I trust you. Love you too!

Read 12:44 pm

~

The guy just kept staring at her and flirting with her... it was driving me insane. I knew that there was actually nothing to worry about, but it just enraged me, seeing him objectify her, his eyes staring at her ass and tits. 

I heard Nia, Kara's friend, walk up to me, laughing, "You jealous?" I furrowed my eyebrows, shaking my head. 

"I'm dating Supergirl, not Kara. Kara's my best friend... he's just staring at her- like... like she's an object," I groaned. 

Nia rolled her eyes, whispering into my ear, "I know that Kara is... not gonna say it in public," I nodded in realization.

"Oh, I apologize for assuming," I briefly apologized. Nia shook her head. 

"Don't, it's nothing to worry about," she assured me. I nodded and glanced back at Kara and the guy. His hand was on her waist. His hand was on her waist. What the fuck.

Soon enough, he kissed her. He fucking kissed her. I looked away, and when I looked back, Kara was gone. The guy was just standing there, his mouth agape. My phone dinged with another message.

~

Kara

You were right. I'm sorry.

Read 1:08 pm

Kar, it's okay. I'm not mad, it was just

 him who did it. Meet me in my office?

Read 1:10 pm

Ofc! Thank you for understanding.

 See you in a minute.

Read 1:12 pm

~

No less than a minute later, Kara was in my office with me. Without him. Thank god. She smiled at me before I kissed her, reclaiming her lips. 

"Possessive much?" she teased.

"For my girl? Always."

She blushed a dark pink, and I stifled a laugh. 

After a moment, she spoke again, "Question?" I tilted my head at her, smiling.

"Answer."

She grinned, "Can you be jealous more? It's adorable."