Truth

Lena

When Kara and Kal-El arrived back at our apartment, they were both shining with happiness. I guess doing good deeds really did do a number on you, especially your emotions. Kara skipped over to me, still in her super suit and planted a quick kiss on my lips. 

I frowned and cupped my hands around her cheeks, reconnecting our lips once more. She smiled against the kiss, her hands making their way to my waist. I heard the clearing of one's throat, and pulled away.

Kal-El was glaring in my direction, his arms crossed over his buff chest protectively. Of course he would be protective of his baby cousin. I put my hands up in surrender, taking one step away from Kara. 

Kara laughed cheerily, plopping down on the couch. I sat down next to her, not minding when her hands made their way to my waist, hoisting me up to sit between her legs. Lois raised both eyebrows at the blonde's bold move, but I was used to it. 

See, there was a difference between Kara Danvers and Kara Zor-El. A major difference, actually. When I first met the blonde, I met her as Kara Danvers. We met in my office, her cousin in tow. Her glasses, which she fiddled with quite often, sat on the bridge of her nose. In her arms, she clutched a notebook, her leather bag slung around her left shoulder. 

She wore a white dress with a belt wrapped around her waist, complimenting her perfect curves. Over the top of the dress was a light pink cardigan that brought out the pinkness in her cheeks, her nervous stutters making her even more adorable, if possible. 

On the other hand, there was her alter ego, labeled 'Supergirl'. If anything, she was the opposite of Kara Danvers. The Girl of Steel herself contradicted herself. Sounds silly, doesn't it? But it's true. 

The hero would normally be seen doing bold and brave acts of heroism, which could include fighting rogue aliens, fighting world 'dominatiors', and even in some cases, fighting her own cousin. 

Her chin held up high, her fists balled up and placed on her hips, she was viewed as a strong woman. A strong being filled with just enough might to make villains tremble beneath her stare.

I liked to think that when Kara seemed to top me, it was her acting on Supergirl's behalf. Meanwhile, whenever I topped the Kryptonian, it was a Kara Danvers moment for the blonde. I knew that Kara being two people at once wasn't it. There had to be someone in the middle; perhaps her actual name. 

And so, the Kara I knew, the Kara that everyone who knew Kara Danvers is Supergirl, was the Kara I had grown to love. The woman I was falling in love with. I like to call her Kara Zor-El. 

I looked up, snapping out of my thoughts to see a movie playing on the screen. Kal-El and Lois were lightly joking about something to each other. Kara's full attention was focused on the events playing out on the screen before us, and I chuckled at the interest in her eyes. 

Those big, blue ocean eyes. Those orbs that I found myself swaying just with one look from them, quite often if I'll be honest. I could lose myself in them any and everyday. 

Suddenly, Kara's phone started to ring. Kal's, too. They each looked at each other, confusion written on their faces. Kara held her phone up to her ear after answering, her eyebrows furrowed. 

A few minutes later, her eyes widened and she told the caller 'Okay, be there in a few,'. I wondered what it was. Kal looked at her after doing the same, and panic rose between the two. 

"There's a Bizarro Superman and Supergirl... with twice the strength as us," they spoke quietly. My eyes widened and I saw Lois curse under her breath. She had clearly been through this more than once.