Needs You

Lena

As soon as the ship left, I wondered if I would ever get to see Kara again. I knew how much I loved her, I loved her too damn much to lose her just like that. The way her eyes practically glinted whenever she was happy... damn, I really love that.

The DEO's alarms blared as I was studying in my lab. Agents rushed to the main control center, their eyes widening as they saw on the city cameras how much damage the Superman and Supergirl Bizarro's have done...

There were funnels of smoke from all around National City, many of them. Civilians hid inside their homes, hoping to keep themselves and their families safe from the Bizarro Superman and Supergirl.

I feared for the city, but I feared for Kara more. I was entirely, madly, truly, in love with the blonde haired beauty that I called home. 

Sirens blared from all around the city. The red, elongated loud and red firetrucks raced around in mere attempt to put the fires at ease, the Bizarro Supers making the job impossible for the saviors.

The world around me was crashing, yet I knew that there could be extra help... we needed Arrow and Flash to help protect National City until Kara got back... too many civilian's lives were at stake. 

I looked over to J'onn, who shapeshifted into his alien form, looking me gravely in the eyes. He knew what we needed to do. He grabbed a triangular device, tapping it once. A portal that looked almost as if it were made of floating water. He moved to the side, looking between the portal and me.

I took the hint and took a step forward before passing through the portal. I felt my body being shifted as my feet planted on hard pavement. J'onn's hand gripped my shoulder lightly, giving it a squeeze once he made it through the portal. I looked around my surroundings to see that I was at Star Labs...

"Woah, jeez this place is extraordinary," I spoke as I surveyed the building. A light chuckle could be heard as I turned around to face no one other than Barry Allen.

"Thanks, Lena. Not that I mind that you're here but... what brings you two here?" Barry indicated between J'onn and I. 

"Oh... National City about to be fucking doomed?" I laughed nervously, my right hand shooting up to the nape of my neck, scratching it awkwardly.

"Oh, that's nothing out of the norm... but anyway, yes I'll help. I'll go get Ollie and... wait, where's Kara?" Barry paused as he looked between J'onn and I curiously, his eyebrows dipped.

"Barry, we'll explain when Oliver gets here," J'onn spoke firmly. The metahuman nodded, seeing J'onn's dead serious demeanor as he grabbed his phone and started to dial into the keypad.

My thoughts drifted away to Kara. The love of my life, without any way of communication to me, is away and most likely in danger. Hell, she could be dead right now and I wouldn't know it. No, she's dead. I just know it.

J'onn shook his head at me as he looked my way, his two fingers on his temple, "Don't think that way," I furrowed my eyebrows, confused, "Mind reading," he dismissed my confusion. 

"Oh... I'm not talking about this," I spoke dully as I turned my line of sight to the ground, finding it quite interesting. I wasn't used to being upfront and honest about my thoughts and feelings about things unless it was with Kara. 

With Kara, I felt safe. Safe because Kara? She's my home. I just want to run into her arms and for her to tell me that she's here and that everything will be okay, even if the world around us is completely chaotic.

Us. Kara and I. I and Kara. 'Supercorp.' 'Karlena'. We fit together like puzzle pieces. The yin to my yang. It all sounded remarkably corny and cheesy... but it's true. I, Lena Kieran Luthor, am truly, madly, and deeply in love with Kara Zor-El Danvers.