A Sunrise

I promised for long chapters, didn't I? *smirk*

Sending love to lilkym23 (I love you)

A Sunrise usually symbolizes a new start; a beginning.

Enjoyyyy

_____

"And that's it for today, class"

Slamming his text book shut, Jimin heaved a sigh of relief. Around him, the students had the same expression- one of being bored to death and yet, stressed at the same time.

Slinging his bag over his shoulders her was already zooming out of the hall, phone in his hand and dialing his best friend.

"I'm already at the café you dumbass"

Jimin grunted a 'be there in a few' before stuffing the phone into his pocket and taking a deep breath.

The last few years of college was nothing but stress, stress and more stress. Assignments piling up, essays of at least three thousand words needed to be written and in midst of it all professors kept shoving tests at their faces randomly as if they expect students to be studying every spare minute.

Minutes later, he was walking through the glass doors to the familiar café he and Taehyung-  his best friend through the years - always had lunch at. They barely see each other throughout the day except for lunch, what being Jimin being a law major and Taehyung being an Art major. Their schedules clashed horribly. He remembered the day they had received their schedules-  the comical and identical faces of horror they both wore as they compared the times.

Ah, the good ol' times.

"Hey" Jimin slid into the seat opposite to Taehyung-  automatically smiling when the latter gave him a wide and boxy smile. "He kept us in longer to explain some stuff. Sorry"

"Yeah, yeah same excuse every day, Chim. At this point I'm wondering whether you have a secret boyfriend or something" Taehyung wiggled his eyebrows causing Jimin to roll his eyes dramatically.

"I barely have time to sleep how the fuck would I even have a boyfriend?" he grumbled. "And look at these eye bags- who would even want to be remotely associated with these?"

"Aww Jimin, you still look cute. A bit" Taehyung tagged as an afterthought, laughing when Jimin scowled. "Not as much as me of course, but yeah"

"You little shit" Jimin's sudden grin contradicted his words though. There was something so familiar in their bickering that calmed him. "Anyway-"

"I already ordered for you" Taehyung interrupted him, gesturing towards the menu on the table. "That diabetes inducing strawberry shit and a cappuccino"

Jimin laughed, sinking into the comfortable seat. "Someone's been very impatient"

"Did you want me starve while you fuck your secret boyfriend?" Taehyung snorted at Jimin's indignant spluttering at his wording. "Oops I'm sorry, I forgot that it's you who gets it up their a-" he broke off into peals of laughter when Jimin leaned over to smack Taehyung but didn't quite manage to- his hand ended up in the space between them.

"Jesus Christ Taehyung" Jimin hissed. "There are places that you need to just shut the fu- fudge up" Jimin hurriedly turned to smile apologetically at an old lady with judgmental eyes.

"Come on Jimin, we all know I'm right" Taehyung chided and Jimin just groaned, wishing for his lunch to come quickly, so he could leave this annoying dumbass and be on his merry way.