The Angel's Resistance

short chapter warning!

_____

At first Jimin thought it was a wall.

But once he squinted enough, he could see that it wasn't a wall, but in fact, a barrier made out of people. Demons and most possibly Seelies too.

At the sight, Jimin wanted to cower down, because he had never seen such and army before- and never believe that he would be the one facing such an army.

Right in front of the said army, was the Demon King himself, Ajax.

And something about the sight of him holding himself up so smugly had Jimin's confidence returning.

But of course, he was still insignificant. A tiny ant compared to all that Ajax had rounded up to kill angels. Jimin was alone. And alone, he might have as well as signed a death warrant.

Everything was silent, even the Nyx itself that surround the ground. The tension was so thick, Jimin could actually cut it with a knife.

And then, Ajax laughed.

It wasn't pleasant, it was a grating sound. One so loud and yet so horrendous that Jimin wasn't sure if it was even possible for one man to produce something like that.

"This is all you have against me?" the Demon King sneered, voice full of acid. "Just your pathetic self, little angel? And you hope to duel my entire army?" he cackled again, and Jimin winced. He couldn't help but feel so small. But he tried to shake himself out of it. He couldn't let Ajax dominate him. Never again.

"You should have let yourself die away, little angel" the man growled. "I gave you the option of dying away peacefully and yet you choose this? Commendable, but undeniably stupid of you"

Jimin said nothing, just standing there without a comment because ultimately what was he supposed to say?

Ajax shook his head ruefully. "I expected something much more...durable. Something to feast my eyes upon" he gave Jimin a nasty look as if he were nothing but a speck of dust. "But look at what I got"

"You should stop what you're doing" Jimin finally shouted and guaranteed, he might have looked like a pathetic sight with his worn out clothes and a voice pitched higher than Ajax's, but he stood his ground, fists clenched by his sides.

Ajax threw his head back and laughed loudly.

"Or what, little angel? Will you beat me up?" he cracked up again, as if the thought was too amusing to bear. "Really, Jimin. Do you think you have a chance against me? Against this?" Ajax's spread his hands out, indicating his army, with a smug smirk. "All these Demons and Seelies are working on my orders. They will not hesitate to kill. And you think you can challenge this?"

"Alone he cannot, but with us, he can"

Jimin's head whipped to the sound of the voice coming from behind him.

His heart soared when he saw Seokjin- Seokjin!- walking towards Jimin, with a smirk of his own that rivaled the Demon King's. Jimin threw him a puzzled look and Seokjin just winked at him.

"Witches," he roared. "Come on out!"

At the brisk command, in came a whole horde of witches- men and women alike- some carrying weapons like bows and swords. Jimin broke out in a wide and relieved smile.

Seokjin had completed his task.

The witches didn't make up even one fourth the army Ajax had, but it was the shock in the Demon Kings face that lightened up the warrior within Jimin. The man looked absolutely enraged.