A Possession

Story time: there are leeches in the garden and one of them just drank my blood till it fell off-

goddamn creatures.

Anyway

Enjoy!

_____

The next day, Jimin woke up to the sound of an absurdly loud ringing of bells. He groaned, as did many of the others in his dormitory, and rolled over, trying to desperately not hear the ringing bells. But of course his efforts were in vain, the sound penetrated simply everywhere. Throwing back his covers, he squinted against the sunlight streaming into the dormitory through the one odd window. He was almost loathe to get down from his warm bed, but life was never fair. He had all but barely put on his annoying headgear to complete his uniform when the door to the dormitory slammed open, making everyone jump a foot in the air.

In came a burly man, clad in white robes and a sword by his side and a golden badge displayed on his armor. "Hurry up you lazy asses, do you realize that you are-" he checked his wrist. "Almost five minutes late? Do you know what can happen in five minutes? Do you? A prisoner could have escaped, all because you sleeping beauties couldn't get your asses up early enough!"

Jimin wanted to yell back at this man because goddamn what was he so cranky about so early in the goddamn morning?

All the guards lined up before the man, and Jimin followed their example. The senior squinted at them all, hands behind his back and shoulders drawn impossibly high. "You!" he barked at Jimin who flinched. "I haven't seen you before"

Jimin gulped. His fists clenched. "I-I got transferred here recently..." at least his voice didn't sound as nervous as he felt.

"I haven't had any information on new recruits" the senior sauntered up to him, his aura intimidating. "Tell me, newbie, what's your name?"

Jimin blinked, hands clammy. "T-Taehyung"

The senior leaned impossibly closer, as if looking right through his façade. Subconsciously, Jimin bent backwards, away from the inquisitive man.

A beat of silence.

The senior leaned back and barely sparing another glance at him walked away to face the rest of the troops, but his next words were aimed at him. "You're on court duty, newbie" he walked up to the door. "The rest of you, back to your usual posts!"

Jimin stood there, still frozen from the fear of being caught out, until someone nudged him. "Get to work, newbie" the boy beside him had an amused twinkle in his eyes. He didn't look like he was old enough to be a prison guard. "The man's a dunderhead, don't mind him" he held out his hand. "I'm Ryuu, by the way"

Jimin shook his hand, a smile blossoming on his face. "Jimin. I'm new here"

"Yeah" Ryuu laughed. "Kind of got that already. Anyway, I'm on court duty too so...I can help you around?" At this, Jimin heaved a sigh of relief. He'd been on the verge of panicking about what he had to do. Ryuu waited till Jimin picked up his spear (he still wasn't very familiar with the weapon) and guided Jimin out of the dormitory and down the hallways.

"You know, usually Alden knows about new recruits" Ryuu's tone was mildly curious and Jimin steeled himself before he had to spout lies. He hated having to lie to anyone, especially just as he was making friends with whoever he was lying to.

"Alden?" Jimin repeated, trying to stall the blatant lying. "Is that his name?"

"The senior who ruins every morning? Yeah. He's nice in that way" They turned around to the corner and Jimin's eye caught on a subtle and intricate golden design along the foot of the wall.