Fallen Too Far

Life Goes On <3

Can't wait!

how are you all? 

_____

"We fell in love"

The only reply Jimin could force out of him was a small 'oh'. He didn't know why it- the fact that Yoongi had been in love- affected him so much.

The Reaper hummed, seemingly oblivious to Jimin's inner turmoil. "It was very stupid of us" he chuckled a bit forcefully, picking at his fingernails. "But it happened..."

The silence after that wasn't one that Jimin wanted to break, but Yoongi had a story to tell which Jimin had prompted him to and Jimin couldn't back out now.

"Then?" he asked, absent-mindedly stroking Yoongi's hands with his thumb. "Then what happened?"

"We kept out distance at all times. Came up with excuses to be seen together. And it went well...for a while" There was a tense pause before Yoongi continued. "But one night, we...we gave in"

Jimin desperately wanted to hug this man, but instead satisfied himself with a gentle squeeze of Yoongi's hand and inquired, "What happened next?"

"They found out" The sheer contempt in the usually rough yet soft voice had Jimin a bit surprised.

"They...?"

Yoongi's hand tightened around Jimin's. "The council" 

"Shit" Now, Jimin might not have exactly seen or heard them, but from what he has learnt so far from Seokjin, Hoseok and Yoongi, he knows that the council is just a bunch of power-hungry morons.

The Reaper laughed, but it leaked frustration and anger. "Yes. And they banished me, forced me into exile. So here I am, just having the time of my life" The heavy sarcasm in his voice made the human wince.

Jimin waited a bit for the anger to visibly dissipate before he asked, "So what happened to...Orenda?"

Yoongi stood up, letting go of Jimin's hand and making the human feel oddly discontent. "It is not a thing I want to recall"

With that, he walked away, leaving Jimin feeling confused and a tad bit guilty.

**

Afterwards, Jimin had gone to eat breakfast, mind still on the conversation he'd had with Yoongi and belatedly wondering if he had pushed the man's limits.

What's done has been done, he sighed to himself wishing that he could actually convince himself this and washing his plate and leaving it to dry. He walked out to the living room, curling up on the couch with a book and patting Mochi who had jumped up to join him, when Yoongi sauntered out of his room, a satchel hanging from his shoulders and holding a parchment that looked a lot like a...map.

Jimin frowned, looking up from the map to Yoongi's face. "You're going out today too?" His mind ran to the thoughts of whether Yoongi was feeling any better after the talk they'd had- thoughts he tried best to shove into a pit. But what if he feels worse? His stupid subconscious mind spat at him. Jimin pursed his lips.

The Reaper shrugged, the motion pulling Jimin out of his thoughts.

"But you need to rest" Jimin protested. "You weren't doing that well yesterday"

"There is no time to be resting" The man monotonously replied.

Jimin aimed a frustrated look at him. "At least eat before you go"