Tears of the Past

There's a bit of triggering content in this. Suicidal thoughts. I'll put ~~ when it begins and ends. 

The impact of that part, i'll explain at the end for future reference :)

_____

Jimin made sure to ask Hoseok who 'Erata' was.

And oh, Jimin thanked his lucky starts he remembered to ask because Hoseok blushed all the way to the tips of his ears and spluttered a, "W- who?"

Ohohoho, Jimin smirked. A crush, I see.

"Erata" Jimin repeated innocently, as if he believed that Hoseok hadn't heard the first time. "You mentioned that name yesterday and I was curious"

"She- she is a council member" Hoseok mumbled.

"Is that all she is to you?" Jimin laughed dodging a cushion a red-faced Hoseok had aimed at him. "Come on, I just want to know if you two are together-"

"It is nothing like that" Hoseok firmly said, with a shake of his head. "Besides who would want to date a person like me?"

Jimin's lips curled downwards at that. "What's that supposed to mean?" It was his first time hearing Hoseok regarding himself as such.

Hoseok, looked away. "Nothing"

"Hoseok, are you...ashamed of yourself?" Jimin cautiously asked.

The former Seelie coughed into his fist. "Does it matter?"

"Of course it does!" Jimin indignantly cried. "You're an amazing person. You're kind, you're smart, you're loyal and so much more. And I'm just saying this after a month of staying with you. If I had been here longer my list would be endless. So yes, it does matter"

Hoseok flashed him a wan smile, that plainly said that he didn't believe a single word Jimin had said. "Thank you"

"You don't believe me do you"

The apologetic look Hoseok threw him made him sigh. He wished there was some way he could help. Some way he could help Hoseok not be a prisoner of his own guilt and shame.

"Tell me then"

The former Seelie frowned. "What?"

"Tell me what you're ashamed of"

"Jimin..." Hoseok seemed troubled. "I cannot"

"It's holding you back" The human softly said. "You're letting it hold you back. You need to break its hold over you"

Hoseok stared at him with an unreadable expression.

Jimin waited and to his disappointment, the latter looked away.

"Maybe later" Hoseok stood up, hands in his pockets, and walked away.

**

Jimin sighed, pulling up his legs on the couch to hug his knees.

Later that day, Jimin was laying on bed and tickling Mochi under his chin, giggling when the cat started purring happily.

"You're very spoilt" Jimin cooed, and as if in agreement, Mochi rolled onto his back, almost demanding Jimin for a belly rub. "Oh yes you are"

But of course, no matter how spoiled Jimin claimed the cat was, he never let him starve from affection. So being the whipped person he is, he obliged for a belly rub.

Mochi's purring increasing in volume.

A soft knock on his door caught his attention.

"Come in" he called out, sitting up on the bed, the cat meowing in indignation seeing that Jimin's attention wasn't on him anymore.