Balance and Equality

im gonna have a busy day so i thought i'd update early

_____

Jimin hadn't registered where the sword had cut him, for he was too shocked; too devastated as the book was sliced up right in front of him.

Tears, mixed with blood, ran down his face.

He had failed.

A violent shiver wracked through him at the words.

He had failed.

He had failed all of them, fighting while risking their lives just to buy him time -

"Jimin- shit!" it took Jimin a second to figure out who the sudden alarmed voice belonged to. Yoongi. "You fucker!" the rage in his voice was tangible and as Jimin kept staring woodenly, Yoongi pulled the scythe in a smooth arc, so quick that Jimin hadn't even noticed it, and the man who'd crept up on Jimin lay dead upon the floor.

"Jimin- shit, Jimin" Yoongi rushed towards him, cradling Jimin in his arms, unshed tears in his eyes. "What- oh fuck your eye"

And Jimin had never heard Yoongi swear so much. But as the Reaper's shaky words processed in his mind, Jimin's hand suddenly flew up to cover his left eye. He hadn't realized that he'd been looking through one eye this entire time. As his palm pressed against the cut, Jimin whimpered in pain.

Yoongi was aghast. "I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you-"

His words were cut off when more and more demons began to surround them. Bile rose up Jimin's throat at the horror he was facing. There was no way they could win against so many enemies. Jimin was again being nothing but a liability-

"Jimin!!"

Seokjin had slashed his way in through the enemies, eyes wild and stood in front of the two of them protectively. "Chant the spell. Now"

Jimin watched in horror as more and more enemies advanced- had there really been that many in Ajax's army?- and they were nothing short of surrounded. They couldn't win. They couldn't. Yoongi and Seokjin were going to die protecting him.

Until Erata and Draiotch and Fen and-

Jimin gasped in shock. Jungkook.

Fen gave him a desperate look as he also joined the protective curve around Jimin and Yoongi. "Please, Jimin, you need to get going. Please. You are our only hope"

Jimin looked at all his friends, sacrificing themselves so selflessly and wordlessly pleading through their eyes and determination ran through his veins strongly. He pulled away from Yoongi and gave him a brief nod.

Keeping his left eye shut tightly and ignoring the tingles of pain, he picked up the hacked pieces of the spell. Around him, this time much much closer, he heard the roars, the shouts, the clanking and the shootings starting again, but he paid them no mind. He sorted out the pieces through sure hands, finally laying them in front of him as he firmly, with no waver in his voice this time, began to chant.

He could hear a roar akin to Ajax's own coming closer and closer, but he refused to break his concentration.

He kept on chanting. As the world burned around him, he kept on chanting, shaping his lips around the unfamiliar words until he felt a strange kind of weight lift off his shoulders. Until he felt his weakened state slowly restoring its strength. Until he saw that his fingertips were beginning to glow.

Even then, he dismissed every thought in his mind, focusing on the spell and the spell alone. And when he was nearing the end, he was surprised to hear that the spell was simply rolling off his tongue, as smooth as if the language was in his mother tongue.