Prison of the Paradox

GET WELL SOON BABY MEOW 

_____

Jimin's eyes took in the man in front of him, whose chest was heaving almost painfully and the need to comfort overtook Jimin almost violently.

"Yoongi?" he called out softly, not wanting to startle the man.

Yoongi's head snapped up in a way that had Jimin wincing. His eyes were the size of saucers, glistening with unshed tears. It was such a stark contrast from his usual sarcastic behavior that Jimin gulped down the sudden wave of emotions that hit him.

"Oh Yoongi" Jimin at once rushed to the man's side, heart yearning to comfort. He sat down on the bed beside him, wrapping an arm around the Reaper's shoulder, slightly pulling the man towards him. "Shh, it's just a nightmare, yeah?"

Yoongi seemed to break a little at that. "He-he died..."

"It's a dream, Yoongi" Jimin whispered, reassuringly. "It's not real, yeah?"

"It was m-my fault" Yoongi hiccupped. He turned to face Jimin, eyes desperate and pleading for something Jimin didn't even know how to provide. "It was my fault"

"Yoongi..." Jimin didn't know what to say but he had to do something. "Do you want to...talk about it?"

Yoongi shook his head furiously, looking down at his hands on his lap.

"Okay" Jimin bit his lip. "Okay, then. But whatever it is, it can't touch you, yeah?" he tightened his hold around Yoongi. "I'm right here. I'm right here with you, okay? So take a deep breath? Hmm? Can you do that for me?"

Yoongi looked as if he were about to protest, but then he obliged, closing his eyes and taking a shuddering breath.

"There you go" Jimin smiled. "Do it again?"

The Reaper obeyed. His chest stopped heaving harshly, much to Jimin's relief. He waited till the Reaper had calmed down visibly; waited till he didn't look as shaken.

"Do you want to go back to sleep?" The human brushed away some stray strands of hair from Yoongi's forehead, restraining himself from leaning into press a kiss. Yoongi shook his head.

"Okay then, I'll bring you a glass of water? It'll make you feel better"

"No, stay" Yoongi mumbled. His hands clenched into fists. "Please. Don't go"

Jimin tried not to cry himself. Yoongi sounded so...lost. "You want me to sleep here with you?"

The Reaper nodded mutely, looking like a small child.

"O-okay" Jimin was sure his heart skipped several beats at that. "I'll sing you to sleep then, how about that?" What are you even saying Park Jimin? Every time you sing Taehyung never fails to comment how horrible it is.

Jimin resolutely ignored the rational part of him.

And Taehyung's an idiot anyway.

Yoongi's small 'okay' had Jimin's heart twisting into knots. He squeaked when Yoongi abruptly pulled him down with him, wrapping his arms around Jimin in a tight hold.

Jimin tried to calm himself down but all that went out the window when Yoongi leaned down to bury his head in the crook of his neck, hot breath fanning over his skin.

Fuck.

"Sing" Yoongi ordered sleepily.

Jimin wracked his brain for a song rhythmic enough for a lullaby and soothing enough for Yoongi to be at least a little happy.