Magic and Potions

I don't mind kittens, but i'm scared of cats.

Enjoyyy

_____

"Right around this corner is the pet shelter"

Jimin's eyes immediately lit up at that, clapping his hands excitedly. "Let's go inside? Please? Please?"

Seokjin laughed at him fondly, nodding an affirmative as he led Jimin to the aforementioned pet shelter.

Currently, they were roaming the streets of the Western division- the part of Elyxion Jimin was now residing in and where all witches lived. Hoseok had left their party a short while ago, claiming that he had to buy more groceries, leaving Jimin with Seokjin.

Not that Seokjin wasn't bad company in any aspect, he was hilarious and he replied to any stupid question Jimin would fire at him patiently, without sighing in annoyance, which Jimin respected. He knew that he had a tendency to shoot question after question when he was overcome with curiosity. It was the main reason why he had been the teacher's pet, growing up.

Now, Jimin squealed internally as they walked into the pet shelter.

Mother of all holy rice cakes, the amount of fluffiness-

Rows upon rows of cages lay, each occupied by some kind of animal and Jimin couldn't help but bounding in- though the nasty smell that invaded his senses.

Upon closer inspection Jimin realized that not all of the pets were fluffy. There were the ordinary animals like cats and dogs and mic- but in midst of it all were also humongous lizards and hairy spiders (Jimin shuddered seeing them) and adorable bats.

"I didn't know you could tame a bat into being your pet" Jimin mused, staring at the tiny black creature curled into himself. "I mean I know people do that but I've never seen bats in a pet shelter"

"Oh, but of course they should be here" Seokjin seemed surprised that the bat being in a pet shelter surprised Jimin. "Why, witches often like bats more than any other animal around, they're quite efficient. There are different colored bats too. Actually-" the witch crossed his arms over his chest. "All these animal come in different colors"

"Wait...so if I were to ask for a pink cat-" Jimin turned to face the latter, eyebrows raised to his hairline. "You're saying I could get one?"

"Of course" Seokjin didn't look like he was joking either.

Jimin laughed, incredulous. "Blue dogs?"

"Whatever color you want them to be"

"Oh wow" Those words couldn't even begin to convey his shock. "That just might be the most shocking thing I've heard about this place"

"Although, unless someone has the tastes of a toddler I do not think that they will choose a neon yellow dog though" The witch snorted.

"That'd be a sight though" Jimin snickered. "I'd love a pet but I don't have any money though..." His gaze fell onto a tiny sleeping kitten across the cage of the bat's. He'd been here for half a month already and it still seemed like there was honestly no going back home. There was no harm in having a pet if so...was there? Maybe taking care of an animal would even distract him of his homesickness.

"Really Jimin? Are you trying to pity me into buying you one?" There was a twinkle in Seokjin's eyes that had Jimin smiling innocently, playing along.

"Of course not" he widened his eyes as much as possible, sounding hurt at the very prospect of Seokjin thinking of such, but witch only laughed at his antics.