The Price of Knowledge

Do u think Yoongs will be there for new years live?

_____

"Thinking back on it, I never realized that I had fallen for her the very first time I saw her. She was everything I could have dreamed of. Maybe even more than that.

I wish that my mother was here to see her- to see that I have finally seemed to have my piece of good luck"

**

"I can't help you"

Jimin didn't know if it was the anger or the disappointment that had him shaking, but he was trembling from head-to-toe. Disbelief ran through his veins so strongly he couldn't even spit out just how unfair this was. After all his walking and finding out about Draiotch and having such high hopes just for the man to say no-

Jimin couldn't take it.

It wouldn't even cost him anything, for god's sake! He just literally needed to get the answer and hand it over to Jimin and that's that!

"You can't do that!" Jimin cried out suddenly, enraged. "You can't just fucking say no like that!"

Draiotch froze.

Jimin internally cheered. Maybe that had convinced the man. Maybe Draiotch would give in.

Instead, Draiotch turned to face him, eyes blazing with such fury, Jimin was taken aback. And it didn't make sense at all. It was Jimin who should be mad. Not Draiotch.

"Yes I can Jimin" Driaotch's voice was calm. But it was like the calm before the storm. His fists clenched, still in front of him and bound by handcuffs. "Yes I can"

Jimin wasn't having any of it. "You have nothing to lose! Just help me out here- this is important!"

"So is my reason"

"It can't possibly be as important as saving the world" Jimin spat, not even thinking through what he was saying. "Because if it is, you're fucked up"

"Oh, is that so?" Draiotch hissed. "I'm sure you think it's marvelous to act the hero to a bunch of people, but I have my own reasons to not want to help you and you better respect that"

"You're not making sense!" Jimin cried. "I'm not trying to save my own skin! You see how the world is now don't you? It's chaos! And I need you fucking help, even if you have your reasons! You have nothing to lose by telling me some shit!"

Draiotch made an angry exclamation. "I have everything to lose, Jimin. Do you think that knowledge comes without a price? No"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jimin shrieked. "You seemed to be doing it naturally every other time!"

Draiotch drew in a sharp breath, whole body shaking in anger.

"What I mean is that every fucking time I seek for an answer, I fucking lose one memory of my beloved!"

**

Jimin blinked, shocked. "What?" he whispered, full of horror. "What do you mean?"

"I meant what I said" the sudden change in Jimin's voice had seemed to calm the man down.

"You lose...a memory?"

Draiotch nodded bleakly, the fury in his eyes melting into raw agony. "Yes Jimin. I lose a memory"

And Jimin felt horrible for letting his anger and disappointment out on this man like that. "But how?" he couldn't raise his voice above a whisper. His thoughts ran back to the times he'd asked Draiotch for answers, and his mind painstakingly supplied him how after each time Draiotch closed his eyes to search for an answer, his eyes were glistening after he'd open them again. The unreadable emotion in them that Jimin couldn't decipher- he now understood it as agony. And god, he felt horrible. He felt so horrible.