Under the Crescent Moon

BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT WAS LGO BEING THE #1 IN HOT 100 JOONIEEEEE U DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT KOREAN SONGS NOT MAKING IT JRAJABJAJBJVBRJBFHABE

I WILL ENJOY THE HYPE OF BEING 17 AND NOT BEING CALLED A TODDLER BY MY FRIENDS YES

ALSO THIS IS ONE OF MY FAV FAV FAV CHAPTERS I HOPE U ENJOY THE ENDING

_____

Ajax.

Jimin's breath shortened.

It was like a bucket of cold water being thrown over him. Reality washed over him with all the force of a thousand bricks, as if Jimin had been wrong to think that he could just push away his worries and live in the moment.

Ajax's smile was sugary sweet, with just a subtle hint of bitterness.

Yoongi cursed under his breath.

"I see that you two are happy together" his lips twisted into a sneer. Yoongi's fingers tightened around Jimin's wrist.

"Why are you here?" The Reaper hissed.

Ajax was solely focusing on Yoongi and Jimin, disregarding the other three behind him. And Jimin was glad it was so: he didn't want them to face the amount of fear Jimin had inside of him because of the Demon King.

The said Demon King laughed.

"It makes me laugh to see the two of you lost in your own world, acting so oblivious to the flame around you" Ajax stepped forward, hands clasped behind his back. Jimin's heart clenched painfully. He could see just how he and Yoongi were providing Ajax with exactly what he wanted to see. Jimin's horror was solidified when Ajax proceeded to say- "It is entertaining to see you two dance in the flames, but how long with you last without killing yourselves?" And his words were exactly what Jimin feared. They had him breathing shallowly, trembling where he stood. As the Demon King's eyes focused on Jimin's shaking figure, he laughed softly and it sounded deceivingly amicable.

"Stop beating around the bush" Yoongi snapped and if not for the tight line of his jaw and tense shoulders, Jimin could have been fooled that he wasn't intimidated at all.

"After all these years, my friend, you still do not know what I want?" his eyes flashed with something primal. Jimin's shivered and Yoongi pulled him closer to his chest in a protective hold, calming Jimin a little. "Surely you know what I seek?"

"Vengeance" the Reaper spat. "Always vengeance"

"But on a wider scale" Ajax murmured. "You see, it isn't enough that only you suffer" around the man, the air began to grow darker, swirling around him in a slow tornado. His eyes glowed red. And through all the inky blackness, Jimin could see a glowing stone on the Demon King's finger- something alike to the magic ring Seokjin had had. The air whipped around them, forcing light objects to fly past them and hit the walls. "The world is a sick place, Min Yoongi. And you know exactly why" Jimin's hands flew up to arm his head for so many things were whipping past them alarmingly. He squatted, pulling Yoongi down with him and desperately hoped that the other three had run away for he couldn't see them anymore.

"I do not believe in the good anymore, Yoongi. It has done me nothing but kill me over and over. Good is a misconception- there is nothing stable about it. It differs from person to person, from society to society- and yet, we kill ourselves over such a volatile concept.

But not anymore"

As Jimin turned to Yoongi, he could see that the Reaper was losing control; was giving into his anger- black tendons starting to gush out from the soles of his feet and Jimin panicked. Yoongi barely had enough stamina for such a thing. So Jimin did the only thing he could- he wrapped his fingers around both the Reaper's wrists, forcing the man to look at him. Jimin was sure that among the chaos, Yoongi would not hear a word he said, so he opted to mouth an I love you.