Sometimes, Love Is Not Enough

Heyyooooo

I've still got a plenty of plot twists up my sleeve so bEwArE

Enjoyyy

_____

"Jimin, love, what happened?"

And Jimin so desperately wanted to tell him, but he couldn't. Fear of harming Yoongi- hurting the man he loved because of himself...

Jimin could not bear the thought.

The inability only made him cry more. Fingers bunching up the material of Yoongi's shirt, he sobbed.

"Was it Ajax?" Yoongi urgently asked. "Did he hurt you?"

Jimin shook his head vigorously. He tried to reel in his emotions; tried to take control of himself, but it took longer than he thought. He could not stop trembling. Nor could he put an end to the plethora of 'I hate myself' ringing in his head, over and over again.

Yoongi waited patiently, until Jimin's hold on his shirt loosened. He waited until the human had more control over his body- until he no longer looked like he was gasping for air.

"Do you want to talk about it?" the Reaper gently murmured, pressing a kiss to Jimin's temple and Jimin felt so unworthy of such care. He was doing nothing but give endless pain to Yoongi. "Did Ajax do anything?"

This time, Jimin shook his head more calmly. "He-he told me...where Fen is..."

And Jimin longed to fight against the lie- would have done so if it only meant that he was the one who had to suffer by going against Ajax. But Yoongi, sweet and gentle as he is...

No, there was no way Jimin could do this to him.

He watched as surprise flitted across Yoongi's face. "Are you sure, angel? There is no way...Ajax wouldn't..."

"I made him angry" At least this wasn't a lie. "I got him to-to blurt it out"

"Oh, angel" Yoongi leaned down to press his lips to Jimin's forehead. A gesture that once again had Jimin feeling disgusted at himself. "You really know no limits"

Jimin forced out a weary chuckle. "Somewhere called the Shrine of the King?" he whispered, only to be hit by the fact that he was leading Yoongi, and all their friends, to a trap. A trap that could cost them their lives.

Bile rose up his throat.

Just how disgusting was he?

"The Shine of the King" Yoongi muttered. "I did not realize that it..." he turned to Jimin again, oblivious to his inner turmoil. "Are you sure that's what he said?"

No, I'm not. Can't you read my mind? "Y-yes"

"I am still surprised he let it out like that..." the Reaper mused. "I suppose we have to go quickly, in case he takes Fen out?" he was looking at Jimin as if the human held the answers to all the problems he's ever had.

And Jimin could not have felt even more disgusted by himself.

You're so stupid, he wailed internally. You're actually going to get everyone killed. You're going to lead everyone to their deaths. They're going to die because of you.

And all of a sudden, being next to Yoongi was just too suffocating. He shuffled in the man's grip, leading Yoongi's to raise his eyebrows in surprise, letting Jimin go. He stood up shakily, brushing down his clothes.

Jimin tried to muster up a smile, no matter how fake it looked.

"Let's go now, yeah?" he suggested. His voice sounded weak.