Tale of the Fallen Warrior

Had a fun day and finally met my friends after so long and it was dope

Enjoyyy

_____

They told Jimin that the second they'd reached the hospital in the Northern Division, he'd had fainted.

They told him that he'd given out a cry of pain that had shocked everyone and had then proceeded to promptly crumple into a heap on the floor.

Of course they told him this, but Jimin didn't remember any part of it.

So when he woke up in an unfamiliar white room with windows almost everywhere, allowing too much light to stream inside, he naturally panicked, whirling his head around and wincing as the entirety of the left half of his face began to hurt.

Did he not manage to stay in for the battle against Ajax? Had he fallen ill and someone had found him? Had that all been a dream them?

But no, his eye was hurting- a product of the battle for peace and harmony.

Jimin sighed, stretching his limbs out a little, wincing when the movement caused all the sore wounds to rub against the material he was wearing.

Thankfully he'd been taking out from the stuffy robes he'd been clad in and put into a gown that suspiciously looked like-

A hospital gown.

Was he back on Earth?

As he panic retreated back into his head, Jimin looked around with more clarity, only to let his eyes fall on a certain black-haired man snoring away on a chair next to Jimin's bed, with Mochi curled up on his lap.

Jimin smiled fondly, heart bursting with how much he felt, only to realize that he and Yoongi hadn't actually properly talked yet.

Alone with the Reaper in the white room, Jimin finally let himself relax in a way he hadn't before. All the worries were down. There was no impending doom. Ajax had-

His fists clenched.

Ajax had died.

He didn't allow the guilt to take over him though. Jimin had tried his best to save the man but if he couldn't be...

What could Jimin do anyway?

Sighing, he dryly wondered whether being infused with a spirit didn't lend him any fast healing powers. But then again, it didn't make sense for that to happen. Jimin might have the spirit, but in the end, he was just a vessel for it. Unless the spirit claimed in body like she had in the battlefield, Jimin doubted that he'd have any major perks except for having magic and- the thought that excited Jimin the most- being able to live on Elyxion without a restraint.

Finally, he wouldn't be dying in this world.

At the sudden quiet groan Yoongi let out, Jimin turned his head to see the man shuffle and stretch, almost like a cat, and open his eyes blearily.

Their eyes met in the silence of the room.

Jimin smiled, even though it went a bit wonky towards the end because Yoongi said nothing- just stared at him with widened eyes. "Hi?"

"You're awake" Yoongi dumbly said. He sounded disbelieving.

Jimin gave a nervous chuckle. "Looks like it"

As Yoongi scrambled up, disturbing Mochi from his sleep, Jimin couldn't help but notice how healthy the man looked. Sure, he had a ton of scars and bruises all over his skin and his right arm was in a bulky bandage where it had been cut, but he didn't have that sickly sheen of sweat anymore. His eyes were more alive.