An Angel's Sadness; A Demon's Longing

Only 5 more days to go till the album~

Enjoyy

_____

Later next day, after making the Reaper gulp down some more soup for breakfast and leaving a wet towel on his forehead, Jimin found himself wondering if the best friend Yoongi had mentioned, was Ajax.

It was a great possibility. And judging by the way Ajax himself had named Yoongi mockingly as an old friend, fueled his theory.

He wondered what could possibly have happened between two best friends that could change their dynamic so drastically.

Family feuds? A love affair? Jealousy?

But why would any of those cases involve Jimin?

Jimin, who was nothing but a mere human living on Earth who hadn't had any idea of another world with life, up until two months ago.

Why would vengeance between two men who used to close friends involve him?

What did Ajax want from him?

Always the same question, Jimin groaned. It's always the same question.

What did Ajax want from him?

**

"Can I possibly ask you about that Curse, Yoongi?"

The Demon King's eyebrows raised in obvious surprise. "The Curse?"

"The Curse of the Night. The one inflicted upon angels and demons who dare to touch"

"What do you want to know about it?"

"Well, for starters" Orenda rubbed his hands together nervously. "Is it true?"

Yoongi stared at him long and hard, as if trying to sum up the reason for the sudden question. "Yes it is, angel. Why do you ask so?"

"Has it ever affected someone?" Orenda continued, ignoring Yoongi's question.

"No, for no one has dared to disobey"

"Then how do we prove it is real?"

"Because, angel" Yoongi's eyes darkened. "I was there when they decided the curse"

"They...? You mean-" Orenda frowned. "The council came up with this?"

"The council is not the justice serving place you think it is, angel"

The angel sighed, eyes downcast. "So there is...no hope for us...?"

The Demon King chuckled, though it came out a bit strained. "It is enough for me, if you are by my side"

Jimin didn't know what was worse: The fact that he was pining over a man he would not see ever again, or the fact that he kept seeing visions of the said man being in love with someone else. He wondered what kind of a sick joke this was. Why did he have to keep seeing visions of what he wanted, but could not have?

He sighed, wishing more than ever that Mochi was here. He could really use some cheeriness in his life right now.

**

His guilt upon not having contacted Seokjin increased tenfold when the man took it upon himself to send Jimin a bat. Lips pursed, Jimin opened the rolled up parchment.