Behind the Gunshots, A Frightened Boy

Still not over BE 

Or the jacket shoot-hell did u see them??? they look so faine i-

Anyway, enjoyyy

_____

"He's the leader of the Korean mafia"

The silence after the quiet but panicked admission between Jimin and Jungkook didn't seem as if it was going to break soon. Jimin's jaw hung wide open in shock. It took him more than a few minutes to regain the use of his voice again and when it did, it was to stutter out- "W-what?" because...what?

Jeon...Jungkook.

Son of the Mafia leader.

Impossible.

Fucking impossible.

Jungkook gave a weary laugh but it sounded more like a twisted cry. "I'm not shitting with you hyung. I really am not" he gave a small smile. "I kinda wish I was though" he looked as if a weight had been lifted off his shoulders at the admission.

Suddenly, everything made sense.

Jungkook's tension whenever gang activities were mentioned. His overprotectiveness over Taehyung, Jimin and Namjoon.

Shit.

But how in the name of ever-loving fuck was Jimin supposed to know Jungkook- the quiet and adorable boy- was hiding such a big secret?

"But...how?" Jimin asked. He wanted to sit down. Suddenly, his knees were very weak. He wanted nothing but to sit down. He walked over to the living room and plopped down on the sofa. Jungkook followed him silently. "How?" he repeated. "You-how?"

Jungkook sat down cross-legged on the floor next to Jimin.

"How else?" he bitterly said. "I was born into that family. I grew up with blood and death. Oh and not to mention clubs and brothels" he gave out a scoff. "I was fucking nine when I first held a gun. Not an average kids birthday present"

It seemed to be easy for Jungkook to talk. Maybe he'd been bottling it in for far too long. But Jimin- god he couldn't even begin to picture Jungkook in that kind of environment.

"By twelve, I made up my mind" the younger went on. "My dad and his friends were laughing over a man's death and it-it scared me"

Jimin couldn't imagine how isolated Jungkook must've felt.

"When I turned thirteen, my dad asked what I wanted for my birthday. He had all sorts of things in his mind. Fun things. But I couldn't think past the fact that my dad was a killer. He took away lives and...made money out of it. He corrupted men and women and build a palace" Jungkook roughly wiped away a tear. "I loved him. Because at least he was there. Unlike my mom who ran away. And he loved me. He always did. But I couldn't stay anymore. I couldn't take what was going around of me. I was...too much of a coward. So I told him I wanted to cut all ties with the mafia"

There was a dead silence before Jungkook continued again. By this time, one of Jimin's hands were running through Jungkook's hair soothingly.

"I'm sure I broke his heart. I saw it. But I- I couldn't help it. He said okay. He said he'll take care of it. And he did. A week later, he changed my name- just a small change so it would be too much of a coincidence if anyone came after me because there's no way a Mafia leader would be stupid enough to leave a hint so big. And suddenly, I was an orphan. He had one of his people drop me off and a family whose last name was also Jeon. And that was that"