Enslaved By the Demon

here you go, just as i promised, a double update

enjoyyyy

_____

Jimin ran a hand through his hair. "Yoongi?"

The Reaper gave a grunt in lieu of a reply. He plopped down on the bed as if exhausted.

"You're not still mad at me for wanting to go right?"

"Is there any use in telling you I am?"

Jimin sighed. He couldn't properly articulate what he felt, no, but the need to do something on behalf of his world ran through his veins, leaving him firm and decided. "I want to go"

"I know"

Jimin sat down on the edge of the bed. "I'm sorry. But I really do want to. I can take care of myself"

Yoongi looked away. The small movement had Jimin's heart plonking down to his feet as if it held some kind of a deep significance. "You don't know much about magic or anything, do you?"

"I made it out of the Prison of the Paradox twice, Yoongi. I'll be fine"

"That was just plain luck" Yoongi harshly said. Jimin winced. "This is the heart of Elyxion you're treading into. And the council wants you dead. If you're caught- well, that is it"

Jimin tried not to let the fear waver his resolve. "I'll be fine" he whispered, but even as he said so, he felt uncertain; indecisive. He watched as Yoongi shrugged indifferently, feeling a little more than betrayed. It wasn't very sane of him, yes, but couldn't Yoongi at least appreciate his bravery? He huffed, standing up.

"Don't you think it's selfish of you, angel?" Yoongi finally spoke up, after minutes of ringing silence between them. "Risking yourself like this when I only just got you back?"

Jimin tensed, feeling floored. "Selfish?" he repeated. "My going would be selfish? Yoongi, I'm risking myself to save Earth"

"That may be so, but you're taking yourself away from me"

Jimin was incredulous. "Do you even hear yourself?"

Yoongi said nothing, but his eyes said it all. They plead with Jimin. And he got it, but Jimin couldn't just stand by letting the others cover up for him. He couldn't sit out of this and let the others scar for him. He'd rather die than consciously choose to do that.

"I'm sorry you feel like I'm being selfish, but I want to do this" Jimin gradually began. "Nothing will happen. And besides, you can just make me invisible"

"That goes without saying" Yoongi deadpanned. "But the council is devious. They might have unveiling magic or anything up and about. And you know we have to split up to cover more ground. Not to mention that it has already been a week and a half since you came here. Your stamina might be low too"

Jimn sighed. It was true, what Yoongi said. Now that he was hyperaware of it, that he could feel his sudden fluctuations in energy. Maybe that was just the paranoia acting up though. He inched his hand towards Yoongi's own, lying on the bed. "I'm worried about you too, you know"

Something inside Yoongi finally relented at the soft-spoken words and he curled his hand around Jimin's, eyes full of worry. "Promise me that you will be safe" he sat up, leaning closer until their foreheads touched, tone urgent. "Promise me"

"I promise" Jimin whispered. "You too. Promise me"

The Reaper gave a small smile. "I will come back right to you angel. Always"