The Isolation

Huge shout-out to:

 lilkym23TaektaekookmoitrayeekunduINTERNATIONAL_ARMY_Cynblack1981lalaylit 

for supporting this fic! 

Enjoyyy

_____

"I'm going to be sad once we have to rely on dry food for a while"

Mochi meowed in agreement at Jimin's monologue. He waited patiently, while Jimin quickly bought food- biscuits, rolls- basically anything he felt like eating and a few bottles of water. It took up most of the remaining money he had, but he had to have some food for the next two weeks or so.

Jimin pulled the hat he was wearing, low on his face. As he walked back to the cave, Jimin contemplated what he had to do. And of course, he also had to make sure to plot ahead of time to make it to the Willow on the 21st. Which would be a grueling task, what with how progressively weaker his body was getting.

He sighed, hand curling around his necklace and closing his eyes for a second.

"Okay so, leaning about myself, how do I do that?" he questioned Mochi. He'd learned that the cat doesn't like to speak up with many around. It ruined his 'cool' factor apparently The said cat yawned and curled up.

Probably think about yourself?

Jimin rolled his eyes. "Like that didn't cross my mind"

I don't know, human. I require no learning for I am perfect.

Jimin hummed sarcastically. "Sure" he sat cross legged on the ground, contemplating what he should do.

He'd begun the task the moment Fen had left of course, but he was nowhere near to completing it. As it was, he didn't understand how he could go on about it.

He recalled Fen's words- now engraved in his mind- again.

"For you to be a host, you must have great understanding of yourself. You must learn yourself, and you must appreciate yourself. You must accept your flaws and perfections"

Jimin huffed. "Great understanding of myself. What's that supposed to mean?"

He closed his eyes.

I am Park Jimin. Twenty one years old. I am a law major.

He wondered if anything miraculous would happen once he did achieve this great understanding. For now, he was just running around in circles.

I am lazy. I hate how much work college has to give.

Jimin groaned. He didn't think this kind of thinking would do the job.

He flopped down on his back, looking at the clear blue sky. Maybe a walk would help. After all, he did have to cross the Nyx. Better to get started sooner than later.

With the thought of his mind, he shouldered his bag again, waking up Mochi and pulling out the map. Fen had clearly plotted the path he'd need to take, neatly drawing it over the map. And according to that, Jimin now had to...go forward.

Looking at the thick greenery ahead of him, he sighed, maybe for the umpteenth time this hour alone.

Leaving the familiar meadow behind, he began to trace the path Fen had laid out for him.