Part one

People can change, right?

People can learn and grow, rebound from their mistakes and rise from the ashes. Tell me isn't that correct?

....

The rain splattered against the tall windows of the castle, making the trees shake with every loud bang of thunder and bright bolt of lightning. She sat before the fireplace in the Gryffindor common room, admiring the red and orange that danced against the ashes as the flames slowly died.

"Hermione?"

"Yes Ellie?"

"Do you think Harry is alright?" she asked her best friend, glancing towards the boys dormitory. Her friend Harry had been in there for the entirety of the evening, hiding away from everyone who accused him of being a liar. Seamus had been quite harsh earlier, claiming that his mother didn't want him to return to Hogwarts this year due to what Harry had been saying about Cedric Diggory's death and the return of he who must not be named.

"He will be" Hermione reassured her, closing the book that laid on her lap "it's Harry, he always finds a way to get by"

"I know" she sighed "I just worry about him, you know? Like when will enough be enough?"

"I know, but he will be fine Ellie"

The rainy September evening turned into a foggy September morning, leaving the trees and flowers on the school ground replenished after yesterday's rain. Smoke came from the chimney of Hagrid's hut, and birds soared high in the sky above them.

Classes proceeded as usual on the Friday; herbology, charms, astrology, potions and divination. And after all her classes of the day had passed she met up with Hermione in the halls.

"Hi Ellie, do you want to come with me to watch Quidditch tryouts? Ron is trying out"

"Oh I would love that but I have to go, I'm supposed to be with madam Pomfrey in a minute" she said, giving Hermione a apologetic smile.

"Right, I forgot" Hermione said, turning on her heel to head out of the school building "good luck, I'll see you later Ellie"

"See you later Hermione"

She had grown close to madam Pomfrey, seeing as she was very interested in healing. She was quite good at healing magic, eager to learn more and when she had proceeded to pester her teachers with a million healing magic questions during her first and second year Dumbledore decided to let her learn under madam Pomfrey. So since her third year at Hogwarts she had spent two or three days a week in the hospital wing after her classes were all done, just observing and helping madam Pomfrey attend to ill and injured students. She found it interesting and madam Pomfrey, who often did not like guests, seemed to enjoy having her there.

This Friday was calm, only two students quietly resting in the hospital wing from small injuries that they gotten in class. It usually gets more hectic in when the Quidditch matches start. She had helped aid Harry once or twice after he'd fallen off his broomstick.

She sat in the corner, reading a book on different healing potions that madam Pomfrey had given her, when the big doors to the hospital wing opened. The loud sound made her look up, and she saw madam Hooch and a student dressed in green helping a boy into the room. Madam Pomfrey quickly rushed over to the door, helping the boy into a bed.

"My dear, what has happened here?" madam Pomfrey asked, looking between the boy and madam Hooch.

"Knocked off his broom by a clumsy third year, he hit his head, he has been quite out if it since then" Madam Hooch informed before he left the hospital wing, dragging the other student with her. The boy laid on the bed perfectly still, holding his hands on his head as he whimpered quietly.