Part twentyfour

2 months had passed, eight weeks, 60 days and more than a thousand minutes without Draco.

She had spent her whole summer enjoying the sun and the time off studying. Swimming with her sister at the beach, watching black and white movies with her father and gardening with her mother. She had even spent a few days at the Burrow with Ron, Harry and Hermione. Fred and George had made sure that there was not a single calm moment in the tall house, and Ginny had helped her mother make breakfast every single morning.

She had written a dozen letters during the summer. Four to Hermione, two to Ron, two to Harry and four to Draco. Hermione had written back almost immediately, Ron and Harry had taken a few days but Draco... there had been no word from Draco.

And as September 1st came, and every Hogwarts student gathered at platform nine and three quarters, she figured that he had simply forgotten about her. He had not written, and he had not come to visit during the whole summer.

Rebecka, who was going into her third year, was hugging their mother tightly as they stood before the train. She was looking around for him, but she could not see him anywhere.

"Here we stand once again my darlings, saying our goodbyes" her mother cooed, hugging her daughters "and it never gets easier"

"We'll be home for Christmas" Rebecka said, hugging their father "and I'll write to you I promise, Ellie will too"

"Oh uhm yes of course" she said, snapping out of her thoughts "I'll make sure to write"

They bid their goodbyes and the two girls got on the train, waving to their parents as the Hogwarts express left the station. Rebecka hurried off to go and meet up with her friends, and she watched as the little girl disappeared out of sight before he began hauling her heavy trunk along the narrow hallway of the train. She looked into every compartment, searching for her friends.

After a while she found them, and she sat down next to Hermione who was reading a heavy book. Ron and Harry were talking about Quidditch.

"Hello Ellie"

"Hi you guys"

The train left London behind, and the beautiful scenery of open landscape rolled by outside of the window. After a while Harry got up, telling everyone that he would be back shortly. Hermione nodded her head, not looking up from her book, she must've found it really interesting.

The train came to a stop at Hogsmeade, and she grabbed her bag as she left the compartment next to Hermione and Ron.

"Where's Harry?" Hermione asked, stopping to look around.

"He's probably already on the platform" Ron said, looking at her "come on"

The three of them left the train, looking for Harry on the dark platform. The sun had settled and dark clouds were covering the sky, shielding the stars and the moon from their vision. Harry was no where to be seen as they made their way towards the castle alongside Ginny and Neville.

"Has anyone seen Harry?" Hermione asked again.

"No" Ginny said, looking at them "should we be worried?"

"I haven't seen Luna either" Neville spoke up "maybe they are already ahead of us"

"Probably" Ron said, looking at his sister "don't worry about it Ginny, he'll be fine, you know Harry, he always is"

They soon reached the castle and the feast of the new school year began. Harry came into the great hall alongside Luna shortly after them. Luna skipped off to the Ravenclaw table and Harry sat down next to Ron.