Part six

The snow kept falling through November, and the pale boy kept on sneaking up on her in the school hallways. On a cold Friday afternoon, after her last class had just ended, he popped his head out from around a corner and grabbed her arm, pulling her away from the crowd.

"Malfoy what on earth are you doing?"

He laughed at her confusion, pulling something out of his pocket. She recoiled for a second, expecting something to explode in her face or poke her in the ribs, but she soon realized that he was not playing a prank on her. The boy with the icy grey eyes simply held out a packet of wizochoc.

"Here" he said, handing her the chocolate bar "I got it in Hogsmeade, it's your favourite right?"

"It is yes" she said, grabbing the chocolate bar with a small smile "how did you know?"

"I've seen you buy it at Honeydukes like a million times" he shrugged, leaning his back against the stone wall behind him. She looked at him with curious eyes, trying to take in the fact that he had just admitted to watching her. Quite flattering, quite weird, he must not hate her as much as she'd always thought.

"Thank you" she said as she opened the packaging around the chocolate bar slowly. She inspected it throughly, and he observed her small hands with a quiet laughter.

"I haven't messed with it, I promise"

She let out a laugh as she broke a piece of chocolate off, trusting him enough to put it in her mouth. Nothing happened, except from her favourite treat melting in her mouth.

"Why'd you get me chocolate?" she asked after her second piece "I mean I'm not complaining, if your friendship includes chocolate then count me in, but I'm just curious"

"Bet Potter never gets you chocolate" he spat.

"Oh so you're trying to over shine him then" she mumbled, rolling her eyes.

"No" he sighed "I just wanted to check if you trust me, which you seem to do since you're eating the chocolate"

"Wait" she said, looking up at him "did you do anything with it?"

"No" he laughed "no it's perfectly fine, and thanks for trusting me enough to eat it"

"Yeah well, thanks for the treat"

His eyes wandered around the stone walls as she put her chocolate bar in her bag to save for later.

"Will I see you later?" he asked as he looked back at her "at the Quidditch game?"

"Oh yeah of course, I'll be in the Gryffindor stand cheering loudly" she said, smirking playfully at him.

"Don't worry, that will only fuel my desire to win even more"

The first Quidditch game of the year, Gryffindor against Slytherin as always. The whole school was excited, even the teachers, except madam Pomfrey that is, complete and utter madness she calls it.

He looked at her with a smirk, his bright eyes playfully glossing over her soft brown curls.

"I'll see you in the stands Gryffindor girl"

Then he was off, gone with the wind in a matter of seconds. And later in the afternoon she dressed in warm clothes, wrapping her red and gold Gryffindor scarf tightly around her neck. She wanted to wear something with those colours to show her support for her beloved house.

Since Oliver Wood had graduated, Angelina Johnson had became the new captain this year, and Ron had taken his place as the Gryffindor keeper, much to her and Hermione's excitement. However both Ron and Harry had been gone quite a lot lately, as Angelina had the team practicing almost every day.