Part sixteen

The fourth Quidditch match of the year came around, during the first weekend of March Gryffindor was playing against Hufflepuff. She went with Hermione, Neville and Harry to watch. Harry was obviously distraught from being forced not to play, but he did his best to hide it and show support for Ron and Ginny who had taken his place as the Gryffindor Seeker. George had been replaced too, and Fred quit because of it. The two of them had wreaked havoc around the school with their pranks for the last week, seemingly no longer very interested in Quidditch.

Draco Malfoy were nowhere to be seen, and she suspected he avoided the Quidditch pitch in order to surpress his sadness about the ban, even if his own house wasn't playing.

"Weasley is our king, Weasley is our king, he didn't let the quaffle in, Weasley is our king!" the whole Gryffindor stand sang. Ellie and Hermione had changed the lyrics of Draco's mean song about Ron, and they had made sure to teach every single Gryffindor student the new words in order to give Ron the support he deserved.

"Weasley can save anything, he never leaves a single ring, that's why the Gryffindors all sing Weasley is our king!"

The game was short, 22 minutes to be exact. Gryffindor lost the game to Hufflepuff with only ten points, even though Ginny had caught the snitch before the seeker who replaced Cedric. Everyone seemed quite pleased with this, except Ginny, who had wanted to win.

"You'll get them next time Gin" Ron encouraged her.

"Yes you're brilliant Ginny" Harry said, looking adoringly at her "catching the snitch after only twenty two minutes, that's excellent really"

She sneaked out of the common room as her friends talked, hurrying down the halls towards the cold and dark dungeons where she hid behind a suit of armor as she waited for Draco to come out of the Slytherin common room. It felt like forever until he finally appeared before her, walking out of the passage in the stone wall.

"Hey" she called out from her hiding place "psst Draco"

He quickly turned his head, confusion clear on his pale face. Then he saw her and his frown turned to a cheeky smile.

"Sneaking around the dungeons again are you Ellie?"

"Only to see you" she said, grabbing his arm and pulling him behind the suit of armor "how are you? I didn't see you at the game this afternoon"

"Oh yeah uhm, I didn't feel like going, I had better things to do than to watch Gryffindor and Hufflepuff flying around for hours"

"The game ended after twenty two minutes" she shrugged.

"What? Really?" he asked, rather surprised "who won?"

"Hufflepuff, but Ginny caught the golden snitch"

"So the Weasley girl has replaced Potter, how ironic" he said, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah well she's quite good actually"

He nodded his head, looking away from her. His bright eyes scanned the dark hallway surrounding them, it was empty.

"Anyways..." she trailed, laying her hand on his shoulder "I hope you are well"

"I am" he sighed "don't worry about me"

"You missed my version of your song" she said, smirking at him.

"The Weasley song?" he asked, looking at her with a slight confusion in his eyes.

"Yup, I changed the lyrics, it's all nice and supportive now"

"Of course you did" he laughed, reaching his hand up to tuck a strand of her brown hair behind her ear "you're a good girl"

....