Part five

His plead for her to come alone to the lake had made her wary, however he did not mean any ill intent. He often does, but not this time. He simply wanted to explore a connection he had felt towards her, regardless of her being his enemy - a Gryffindor.

He stod by the lake, in the exact same spot where he had sat with her only yesterday. He saw her as she strolled along the snow covered school grounds, wand in her hand. He knew that she was wary, he had suspected her to be, he had been tormenting her and her friends for the past four years after all. He didn't want her to be though, since he didn't consider himself harmful.

"Hey" he said as she approached.

"Hello"

"You came" he mumbled, sticking both his hands in the pockets of his black coat.

"Yes" she said quickly, looking around as she held her wand in a firm grip "why'd you ask me to come here?"

"It's a good place for some peace and quiet, remember?"

"Of course I remember" she said, tilting her head slightly to the right. Her chocolate brown curls danced along her shoulders, bobbing slightly in the wind. He observed her as she slid her left hand into the pocket of her wool jacket.

"You can put your wand away, if you want I mean"

"I'd rather not" she scoffed, gripping it harder as she peered at him with her deep green eyes "I never seem to know what can happen with you around Malfoy"

"Well I guess that's true" he shrugged, gazing at her "but I didn't lure you here to attack you or something, believe it or not"

"I do not... I think"

"Ouch" he teased, putting his right hand over his heart as he pretended to be hurt. She rolled her eyes, still holding onto her wand.

"What do you want Malfoy?" she questioned.

"To take a walk uhm, with you"

"Oh" she said, swallowing hard "alright"

"So..." he trailed, his eyes wandering around lake and trees surrounding them "can we take a walk?"

"Uhm yes, I suppose so"

He watched as she put her wand into her pocket along with her right hand. Then they began to walk, the brown haired girl keeping her distance from him. The lake next to them had began to freeze, and snow coated the treetops and the high hills in the distance. The air was cold against his skin, and he saw her cheeks beginning to turn slightly pink.

"I was wondering something" he spoke after a while, looking away from her. He did not want to face her, not right now.

"Uhu?" she mumbled. He could feel her green eyes fixed on him, but after a moment she looked away once again.

"What's it like being friends with Potter? I mean that must be such a daily pain"

He heard her sigh loudly, he figured that he had hit a nerve.

"No, he's great actually" she said with a stern voice "he's nice"

"He's nice?" he questioned. The resentment he held towards the boy with the scar made it hard to imagine him as someone who people consider nice.

"Yes, a lot nicer than you" she scoffed, gazing out at the black lake and it's dark water.

"You're just blinded by his fame" he muttered to her.

"No" she said sternly, glaring at him "I'm not friends with him because of some big fancy chosen one nonsense, he doesn't have friends because he happens to be famous in the wizarding world, he has friends because he treats them right"