Part fiftynine

Chaos hit their souls like a thunderstorm.

Harry Potter is dead, the dreadful words had just left the mouth of the ghastly dark lord and she felt her whole body ache.

"No! No!"

Ginny's agonizing screams bled out into the chaos and the girl rushed forward, almost falling to her knees. Ginny's father pulled her back, comforting his only daughter.

"Silence" Lord Voldemort shouted, casting a spell towards Ginny "stupid girl, Harry Potter is dead... from this day forth you put your faith in me"

The dark wizard took a few steps forward, pointing to himself with a pleased smile. She looked around the entrance yard, and she could see Molly Weasley's hurting face and Hermione's tears. Professor McGonagall looked broken, and professor Flitwick looked like he believed that the sun would never shine again.

Then she saw him, in the corner stood Draco alongside Blaise. And the look upon his face was dreadful, he looked haunted by regret.

A eerie silence spread across the yard as the dark lord paced back and forth with a malicious smile upon his lips.

"Harry Potter is dead!" he shouted happily, turning to face his followers who all laughed. They seemed to revel in everyone's hurt, and the dark wizard turned back around to face the students of the school once more, letting out a nasty laugh of his own.

She caught a glimpse of Draco's parents, they were alive. However they didn't seem to enjoy the dark lord's success just as much as they barely smiled when everyone else was laughing. They stood on the dark lord's side, and their son stood on the Hogwarts side.

"And now is the time to declare yourself" Lord Voldemort spoke, holding his arms out "come forward and join us or die"

Everyone stood perfectly still, and she felt panic sting inside her chest. She did not want to die, but she could never walk to the other side. Her alliance would remain with Harry until her very last breath, for Harry was right.

"Draco"

She turned her head as she heard Draco's father calling out for him. Lucius looked defeated, his eyes pleading with his son as he reached out his hand.

"Draco"

All eyes turned to the pale boy, and she could see him standing completely frozen in his spot, a mortified and uncertain look upon his face. He pushed his lips together and swallowed hard as his eyes wandered around him.

She held her breath as she looked at him, and he still wasn't moving.

"Draco" his mother breathed, looking at her son with reassurance "come"

The pale boy looked like he could start hyperventilating at any moment, and her heart beat hard inside of her chest as she looked at him. He was looking around, he was looking for someone to tell him to stay. He was silently begging for hope, but no one was giving it to him.

He swallowed hard before he took a step forward towards his mother, and she took off running, pushing through the crowd of students and professors to get to him. She knew how he must feel, having to make the impossible decision between his heart's desire and his family's well being. The mark on his arm lured him to one side, and the love he held for Hogwarts, his second home where he had always been safe, longed for him to stay.

"Draco!" she screamed, rushing forward to grab his hand.

He turned around quickly, and his frightened eyes landed upon her.

"Stay"

"Ellie" he breathed ever so quietly "I can't"

"Yes you can, I want you to stay, we all want you to stay" she breathed, pleading towards him "I need you to stay, please Draco"