Part fiftyeight

Dear Ellie,
My beloved Eleonora, you are so loved, more than you would ever know.
You are the love of my life, I loved you long before I had the guts to let you know.
Thank you for making me feel things I thought I could never feel, thank you for bringing meaning to my life. Isn't it amazing how people can feel like home? For you are my home my dear. In a land of fools, you're a queen of hearts. You are worth every star in the night sky, and don't you ever believe anyone who tells you different. The stars could never shine as bright as you. I've come to find that men like me can be quite foolish, but can you blame me when there's a girl as pretty as you? You are everything to me, but always remember that you are so much more than simply a man's purpose. You are a gift to the world, a rare beauty in a messed up time. You are a bright light in the darkest of days, and I believe that there will never be one quite as spectacular as you. I'm lucky to be in your realm, to share a piece of your warmth.
You are soft as spring and bright as the sun. You are kind like nothing I've ever seen before, and you're intelligent and caring. You possess things in your heart that a man like me could never hold, and I will forever be grateful that you've decided to hold my hand as we travel through our journey of life. Thank you for loving me, even though I was far from perfect and tainted with war and heartache. You are the sun, you are the moon and all the stars in the night sky, you are everything I see and everything I feel, you mean everything to me. I will never be able to explain to you how good it feels to look up across a room and see you, with your beauty and your pure heart.
Thank you for believing in me even when things got hard. I adore you for leading me out of the darkness, helping me into the light with a smile upon your lips. Thank you for saving me everyday. I was afraid for a long time, however I am not afraid anymore, you made me believe. I broke all my rules for you, for you changed everything. For you I'd risk it all, time and time again. What a plot twist you were.
You are my soulmate, and soulmates are forever, no matter what happens.
I fell hard for you, and I am still falling. You make me feel like I belong, you make me feel safe, you are my one true happy place. Please don't forget me and all the things we did, remember me with love in your heart. I wish time had better timing for you and me, I wish things were different. I am truly sorrowful for how things turned out. The responsibility of love I took on, to keep your heart safe, I am sorry I didn't do a better job at it. I will keep you in my heart forever, even in the afterlife. I will cherish you for eternity. I love you, more than you ever will know.
Yours always,
Draco Malfoy

Blaise needed help with something, so Draco rushed off. It gave her a moment to read the letter he had left her. She wasn't sure that the war was over just yet, but Draco was alive.

Maybe she shouldn't have read it, for he told her to only read it after the war in the case of him passing on from this life on this earth, but she could not resist opening it. She wanted to know what he had written, what his last words to her would be.

Her whole heart was filled with him, his overwhelming love flooded her every vein.

After a few minutes the tall doors to the great hall opened, and in walked Hermione and Ron with devastated looks upon their faces. The two of them were holding hands as they walked over to her slowly.

"Harry?" she asked quietly "did he..."

"Yes" Hermione said with a weak voice, sniffling as she nodded her head "he did"

Her two friends sat down with her and Ron laid his arms around them, sighing deeply.

"Always a hero, always selfless, the best friend someone could ask for" Ron mumbled, staring at the ceiling "Harry I mean"

Her and Hermione nodded their heads, and a tear rolled down Hermione's cheek. No other words came to them, they didn't need words to understand the situation. The air felt heavy around them, and her chest felt tight. It never fails to surprise her how quickly one thing can change into something completely different. One moment you're happy, soaring high above the clouds in the sky, and the next moment you're brought down by sadness and burdened with what feels like the weight of a collapsing world.