Part eighteen

The sun danced along her skin as she stood by the lake with him, aimlessly throwing rocks into the dark water to try and make them bounce along the surface. Neither him or her got any good shots.

"So are you excited for Easter break?" she asked him.

"Yes" he answered, throwing another rock into the water "I hope you'll write to me"

"Of course I will, you know that" she said, smiling at him as she fiddled with a round stone in her hand.

He threw another rock before he sat down on the dry grass, gazing up at the clear sky.

"How do you celebrate Easter in the muggle world?"

"We eat a lot of food, spend time with family and we paint eggs" she said, sitting down next to him "oh and we have a easter egg hunt in our garden, which I still love because of the sweets"

"Sounds like a great day" he mumbled, looking at her.

"Yeah well the muggle world isn't as bad as you think" she teased, poking his arm.

"I suppose" he laughed, laying his arm around her.

"Would you ever... you know, want to uhm come and visit?" she asked shyly, gazing out at the lake.

"Visit you? Like at your muggle home?"

"Uhm yes" she answered, nodding her head "would you?"

"Yes, I mean I would if you were to invite me I suppose"

Silence fell upon them as she thought for a moment, gazing between him and the black water of the lake.

"Well then take this as a standing invite, you're welcome whenever you want, I live just outside of London"

"Thank you" he said, looking at her "Wiltshire is about ninety miles from London, but I'm sure I'll find a way"

....

The following week, she bid her goodbyes to her friends as the Hogwarts Express rolled into King's Cross Station. The scarlet train stopped and Hermione gave her a last hug before she walked off the train with Harry and Ron. She waved them off as she looked around for Draco, but she could not see him anywhere.

"Rebecka?" she called out, grabbing her trunk and book bag before she went to find her little sister.

"Yes Ellie?"

"Are you ready to go?"

The little girl nodded her head before she grabbed her things, and then the two girls made their way off the train, scanning the crowded platform for their parents. They soon found them, and shared warm welcome home hugs with them.

The car journey home to their two story house in Hillingdon took about forty minutes, and as usually her father was driving and her mother was in the passenger seat listening to Rebecka go on and on about her charms classes.

Being home again felt nice, it was almost blissful to lay down in her bed in her room once again. Later that night, after dinner, the family of four played exploding snap, a game that Rebecka liked so much that she brought it home with her. Her mother and father kept on jumping and shrieking whenever a card exploded, and it made Rebecka laugh so hard she almost fell of her chair every time.