Part fortyseven

February 14th 1998

The day she became his fully, the day he chose love above all.

The snow had melted in the small village of Hogsmeade, and she followed him down narrow streets with the package in hand. He stopped on the way to buy her a bouquet of flowers, a beautiful compote of red and green.

Suddenly she found herself standing inside the entryway of the very small church at the end of a winding pathway in the outskirts of Hogsmeade. She had never been inside it, but she had seen it on multiple occasions as she visited the village. It was rather lovely, with tall painted glass windows and gold lining the walls. There was an array of candles floating along the ceiling, and white flowers were scattered in small round glass vases around the room.

"Hello hello my dears" a old wizard priest with white hair and kind eyes said as he walked up to them "welcome what can I do for you?"

"Uhm we... would like to get married" Draco said calmly, looking between her and the old priest.

"Married? Oh my dear, yes yes of course" the old priest said "give me a few minutes, I need to set everything up, I need to owl the ministry"

"Thank you sir" 

"You may use this chamber to get ready my dears" the old man said before he walked off, nodding his head slowly. 

Draco took her hands, leading her towards the small room to the left. It was bright, with white curtains hanging by the painted windows. Gold coated the walls and white flowers left the room smelling like a summer field. He put the bouquet he had bough her next to the white ones, before he turned to face her.

"This is madness" she laughed, stroking his cheek "we're actually going to get married"

"Yes" he hummed, looking at her with adoration "I hope you haven't changed your mind just yet"

"No" she laughed "this is the most perfect blissful everlasting madness"

"Madness it is my darling" he whispered as he kissed her forehead "perfect, blissful and everlasting"

"I should get ready" she said opening the package with the wedding dress he had bought her. It was pure white and simple yet elegant, perfect for the occasion. It fit perfectly, flowing over her shoulders and cinching around her waist. 

She caught a glimpse of herself in the reflection of the glass window, and she couldn't help but smile. It was perfect.

"Can you help me with the zipper?" she asked him.

"I can't sorry my darling, I can't see you in your dress before the ceremony" he said with his eyes closed "it's bad luck"

"We've had enough bad luck to last us for an eternity already Draco" she laughed, walking over to the chair where he was sat and grabbing his hands to pull him up "you can look"

Hesitantly he opened his eyes, and his lips parted slightly as he saw her. 

"It's perfect, you're perfect" he breathed, pulling the zipper on her side up with trembling hands.

"Thank you" she hummed, pressing a kiss to his cheek. 

He looked at her with awe as she pinned the front pieces of her hair up. Around her neck hung the necklace he had given her, and between her collarbones rested the small heart pendant next to the D pendant and her engagement ring.  

He took a white flower from one of the round vases and placed it in her hair, carefully combing his fingers through her brown curls. 

"I should've bought you a veil" he said quietly, stroking his fingertips along her cheekbone. 

"It doesn't matter" she assured him "I would marry you without all of this, I just need you"

There was a knock on the door and he looked up, pressing a kiss to her temple before he stepped outside. She peaked her head through the crack of the slightly ajar door, and she saw him standing before the old priest.

"A ministry official is on their way to preside over the ceremony, myself and nun Moorebridge will act as witnesses" 

"Thank you sir" Draco said, shaking his hand. The old man walked away to prepare for the ceremony and shortly after a small tufty-haired man walked into the small church. She recognized him from professor Dumbledore's funeral. 

"Hello you must be the couple wishing to get married" the man said, walking up to them.

"Yes" Draco mumbled, glancing over at her from where she was stood "uhm yes that's us"

"What a joyous occasion mr..."

"Uhm look, I need you to officiate our marriage in secret sir" Draco said, giving the small man a wad of golden galleons "no one can know, I need you to keep this for yourself"

"Certainly mr..." the man trailed, putting the coins in his pocket.

"Malfoy"